This is a good question that has popped up several times in the past.

If you search the old forum you will find a few suggestions.

There was also a user who went by Ober that made some quite nice looking graphics, but I am uncertain if he continues to use the new forum under a different name.

As a consequence of being a contract engineer, I typically have to maintain a lot of different HMI softwares to satisfy the standard requirements of my customers. So I tend to mix and match the libraries of all of these softwares as it suits me. There are a handful of these softwares that are free downloads.

I wonder if this topic doesn't deserve possibly a separate spot here in the forum. Possibly a community galery so to speak where everyone can share their HMI objects with each other.

This could also coincide with maybe descriptions on the best ways to fabricate or convert your own, and what software techniques work the best. Wouldn't be a bad blog topic.

• Upvote 1

I've been drawing all my graphics from scratch using Paint.NET. This is a very good program for this sort of drawing. Using layers you can put together some complex background images that can me modified easily in the future.

I've found out the hard way that you can't just take an image and scale it down. The low resolution of the HMI means that every pixel counts. You can take and image, scale it to correct resolution in Paint.Net. Then add a new layer and trace over the scaled image with a single pixel pencil or other tools. You can then fill in the outlines with the bucket tool etc. Using this method will give you a sharp image which can easily be filled with different colours to indicate different conditions etc. Just save the file as bitmaps for use in the HMI.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good question that has popped up several times in the past.

If you search the old forum you will find a few suggestions.

There was also a user who went by Ober that made some quite nice looking graphics, but I am uncertain if he continues to use the new forum under a different name.

As a consequence of being a contract engineer, I typically have to maintain a lot of different HMI softwares to satisfy the standard requirements of my customers. So I tend to mix and match the libraries of all of these softwares as it suits me. There are a handful of these softwares that are free downloads.

I wonder if this topic doesn't deserve possibly a separate spot here in the forum. Possibly a community galery so to speak where everyone can share their HMI objects with each other.

This could also coincide with maybe descriptions on the best ways to fabricate or convert your own, and what software techniques work the best. Wouldn't be a bad blog topic.

Hi Damian:

I am still here from time to time. I keep working on my custom libraries. I sent a couple animations demos to Unitronics guys but they didn´t told me the final results.

This is one with just 256 colors, I want to run it in the V1040 to see the new High res.

Hi Damian:

I am still here from time to time. I keep working on my custom libraries. I sent a couple animations demos to Unitronics guys but they didn´t told me the final results.

This is one with just 256 colors, I want to run it in the V1040 to see the new High res.

Ahhh! So your the graphics Guru!

You really make some nice looking stuff.

I think the guys in R&D should be contracting you to help them with generating the graphics for the next generation.

How do you make most of them? Are they just rendered 3D models from some CAD software?

I have a V1040 that I keep as a Demo. I can run it on that if you like and take some pics/video.

Damian

Ahhh! So your the graphics Guru!

You really make some nice looking stuff.

I think the guys in R&D should be contracting you to help them with generating the graphics for the next generation.

How do you make most of them? Are they just rendered 3D models from some CAD software?

I have a V1040 that I keep as a Demo. I can run it on that if you like and take some pics/video.

Damian

Yes, I made the 3D models with SolidWorks, then rendered the models and take the pics. I will love to help Unitronics guys with the libraries. I am still looking a good and safe way to offer my libraries at a cheap price.

I will send the pics of this demo, please make a movie and share with us. I don´t have a V1040 at hand.

• 1 month later...