Nox sensor data in Visilogic with CANopen

Hello all.

I am very new to PLC programming and I encountered something a bit out of my scope. Recently, I was tasked to create a program that would be able to read the values of a NOX sensor using CANOpen and Visilogic. Currently I am using a  SAMBA PLC+HMI SM43-J-R20. The NOx sensor's model is UniNox 24V 5WK96614H by Continental.  I followed the example of a webinar online that showed the steps for programming an encoder. I am unsure of how to know which bytes I would need to program to be able to read the sensor information. Such as NOX ppm, oxygen percentage , lambda, etc.  The sensor package  did not provide an EDS file. Basically, my question would be how to know which bytes I need to extract data from a sensor? And how to program it? I have attached the pages that have the pertinent information and the program I have so far. 

I would really appreciate  any thoughts or comments for this.

Thank you.

Manual Nox.pdf trial.vlp

• MVP 2023

Hi, you must read Visilogic help about J1939 CAN bus communication.

SAE J1939 is a CANbus protocol that is supported by Enhanced Division Vision OPLC™ models. Within the J1939 network, the Vision functions as an ECU (Electronic Control Unit).

Than you must know J1939 is not CANopen protocol. All configuration must be done via Visilogic J1939 FB in Com menu.

• Thanks 1

• MVP 2023
14 minutes ago, Sergio Ramos said:

not be able to communicate to the NOx sensor, since it is not part of those models. Correct? 

No, PLC can connect to this sensor. But you must use J1939 CAN protocol implemented in Visilogic FB.

It is different standard (Not CANopen) but it supported by Vision PLC.

• Thanks 1