Time Clock Trick that greatly simplifies things.

Ausman

• MVP 2023

Hi all, this does not relate to any Unitronics equipment.  I feel sure that everyone here has been involved with using time clocks in some instances for their work. This trick makes use of them much easier.  Some of you might already do this, but for those who don't you'll see the immediate merit.  Most of them have preset selections for blocks of days, along the lines of M-F or Sat & Sun etc.  I have a site that stays open past midnight and this also makes programming one of them a complete PITA due to having to do a separate run on the same day.  My method makes it simple.  To save me typing it all again, I've copied in the entire note left on site, and this explains it all.

TO MAKE PROGRAMMING THE CLOCK MUCH EASIER (DUE TO THE 3:00AM CLOSE TIMES) THE ACTUAL TIME IN THE UNIT IS SET 4 HOURS SLOWER THAN REAL TIME.  IE  IF THE REAL TIME IS MIDDAY, THE TIME IN THE UNIT IS 8:00AM.

ALSO, SAME THING FOR THE DAY’S ARRANGEMENT IN THE TIMING AREA. THE DAY IS ACTUALLY SET INCORRECTLY….SUCH THAT M-FRIDAY IS ACTUALLY STARTING ON SUNDAY.  SO IF IT IS SUNDAY, THE DAY IN THE CLOCK IS SET AS MONDAY.  THIS IS BECAUSE THE TIMER USES M-F & SAT-SUN AS EASY SETTINGS.  WHEREAS WE NEED SAME TIMES SET FOR SUN TO THURSDAY, AND DIFFERENT FOR FRIDAY/SAT.

CHANNEL 1 IS THE MAIN CONTROL AND CH 2 IS THE FURNACE ONE. TO STOP THE FURNACE TRIPPING IT’S SAFETIES THE TIME CLOCK TURNS THE FURNACE OFF A FEW MINUTES BEFORE SHUTTING THE A/C DOWN.  STARTS IT 1 MINUTE AFTER MAIN SYSTEM ON, AND TURNS OFF 5 MINUTES BEFORE.

THE SYSTEM STARTS 45 MINUTES BEFORE OPENING TIME AND GOES OFF 30MINS AFTER CLOSE.

CURRENT HOURS ARE MON – THURS & SUNDAY OPEN 8:00AM CLOSE 1:00AM, FRIDAY & SAT OPEN 8:00AM 3:00AM CLOSE

THUS THE CURRENT SETTINGS FOR CH1 ARE:

M-FRID (which is really Sun-Thur) 8-4-45mins = 03:15 ON    25-4+30mins = 21:30 OFF

SAT/SUN  (really Fri & Sat) 8-4-45mins = 03:15 ON   &  27:00 – 4 + 30 mins  =  23:30 OFF

CH 2 SETTINGS ARE:

M-FRID 8-4-44mins = 03:16 ON    25-4+25mins = 21:25 OFF

SAT/SUN  8-4-44mins = 03:16 ON   &  27:00 – 4 + 25 mins  =  23:25 OFF

I should add that I also do similar things in some of my PLC programs, due to the same ease of doing things, especially for times that run through midnight.

Cheers, Aus