Operands description export

Hello

Every time I try to "export operands description" to an Excel file I get the message UnOpOpr1 "The Excel file you have selected cannot support the exported values", even if it's a Help/Examples or newly opened project.

I tried this on 3 PCs running Windows NT, Windows 7 and Windows XP with the same result, somebody help me please ?

Using 8.6.2 - If I export a file with the extension ".xls", then I get a properly formatted file containing no operand descriptions at all - this used to work, and now doesn't. If I export a file with the extension ".xlsx" I get the same message as you got - "The Excel file you have selected cannot support the exported values" - I've never actually seen VisiLogic make a proper .xlsx file. I believe this has all been broken for a while, I have just been re-using old export files, modifying them, and then importing to my new projects, so I forgot to report it.

It used to be that it was necessary to have Microsoft Excel installed on the machine in order to export or import .xls files, I assume this is still the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Which VisiLogic version are you using?

Did you try to export the operand by using VisiLogic V8.6.2 (latest)?

If you do, please send your project to support@unitronics.com and we'll try to fix the problem.

BR,

Reuven

Hello Reuven

I am still looking for an answer to my question.

I have a very simple project to do, it is a tank filled with water which is maintained at some temperature during some period of time.

The problem is there are 10 of them tanks, so I have to copy the same operands for each one of them, only the number of tank changes.

With an Excel file it is simple and fast,.

Regards

Zbig

Using 8.6.2 - If I export a file with the extension ".xls", then I get a properly formatted file containing no operand descriptions at all - this used to work, and now doesn't. If I export a file with the extension ".xlsx" I get the same message as you got - "The Excel file you have selected cannot support the exported values" - I've never actually seen VisiLogic make a proper .xlsx file. I believe this has all been broken for a while, I have just been re-using old export files, modifying them, and then importing to my new projects, so I forgot to report it.

It used to be that it was necessary to have Microsoft Excel installed on the machine in order to export or import .xls files, I assume this is still the case.

Hello Phil,

I have Excel istalled of course but I have only the extension ".xls" available when I try to export the operands, it worked with the old versions of Vision but not anymore.

Regards

Zbig

Hi Zbig,

We are checking the problem with export ot Excel. Meantime I have a "crazy" idea:

You can make a data table with row for each tank. The column properties will be "address of". You will set there theq addresses of the real operands for relevant tank. Then, in Ladder, you wil make a subroutine, which wil lhold "tank logic" - with "temporary operands". You will make a loop - reading real data for relevant tank to "temporary operands" > run the logic to proceed them > write results from temporary operands to relevant tank.Then you will increase the pointer and will go to te next tank. This way with one sub and one DT you will complete your application.

• 1 year later...