UDFB output function value doesn't match the connected variable

Adamkse

Hi,
I have a PID function block  with an embedded PWM  function which should turn a heater on and off with a duty cycle. However it is always set on (1). When I monitor the PID UDFB the output from the PWM is 0 but the main ladder has it as a 1. If i drill down further in the PWM UDFB then that is also 0. I don't  understand what is happening.

Any help would be great.

HLT PID.png

Main.png

Hi.

Value types, like integers, Bits, Real, are being passed by value (Meaning, their value is being passed to the function, and not the pointer to the value) when used in a function-in.

So any attempt to change their value within a function code will only affect the value inside the function.

Arrays and structs are being passed by Reference, so if you change a value of a bit or a number inside it from a function code, then it will affect the value outside the function.

You have 2 options: Passing an array/ struct, or pass the number / bit as a function-out (which means that it will be passed as a reference).

I hope this information helps.

• Upvote 1