Sign in to follow this  
SoCalJim

Controlling a BACnet RT via GW-BAC1

I have YABE running on my PC and it does not see my GW-BAC1 but it does see other BACnet devices. Should YABE see a standalone GW-BAC1 or does the GW-BAC1 need to be controlled by an HMI to become active? Here's the config details:

UniBACnet Configurator

Protocol: BACnet IP

Port 47808

One Device Instance: 0 with name Node1

One Descriptor: Analog Input

Modbus connection: Modbus IP

I am trying to control a BACnet device via a GW-BAC1 gateway but it doesn't work. The device has 8 digital outputs and 8 digital inputs. See the attached YABE display. I am just trying to control the first digital output. Does any of the information in the YABE display go into the GW-BAC1 config file?

Here's my config file:

//================================================================================
//
// Common Information
//
Bridge
Title
CN0864 Unitronics v1.00a

//================================================================================
//
// Data Arrays
//
Data_Arrays
Data_Array_Name,        Data_Array_Format,        Data_Array_Length
DA_BO_,        Bit,        1

//
// Client Side Connections
//
Connections
Adapter,        Protocol,        IP_Port
N1,        Bacnet_IP,        47808

//
// Client Side Nodes
//
Nodes
Node_Name,        Node_ID,        Protocol,        Adapter
Node1,        0,        Bacnet_IP,        N1

//
// Client Side Map Descriptors
//
Map_Descriptors
Map_Descriptor_Name,        Data_Array_Name,        Data_Array_Offset,        Function,        Node_Name,        Object_Type,        Object_Instance,        Property,        Scan_Interval
BinaryOutput,        DA_BO_,        0,        Wrbc,        Node1,        BO,        0,        Present_Value,        2s

//
// Server Side Connections
//
Connections
Adapter,        Protocol
N1,        Modbus/TCP

//
// Server Side Nodes
//
Nodes
Node_Name,        Node_ID,        Protocol,        Address_Type
Unitronics_Modbus_Node,        255,        Modbus/TCP,        ADU

//
// Map Descriptors
//
Map_Descriptors
Map_Descriptor_Name,        Data_Array_Name,        Data_Array_Offset,        Function,        Node_Name,        Address,        Length,        Data_Type
SMD_DA_BO__1,        DA_BO_,        0,        Passive,        Unitronics_Modbus_Node,        1,        1,        Coil

01103.png

Hello SoCalJIm,

I do not understand what are you trying to achieve, if you have our GW-BAC1, it need to have a controller to control it.

BACnet will not configure itself. you have to follow the procedure how install it properly. the User Guide is attached.

Good Luck.

gw-bac1.pdf