2017 was a year in which our tradition of excellence in innovation was recognized by:
- Frost & Sullivan, a major market research and analysis firm. Frost & Sullivan conducted an in-depth review of Unitronics products, specifically our 3 major product series--Samba, Vision, and UniStream--in relation to the dynamic, competitive market that challenges PLC manufacturers. Unitronics was awarded their Best Practices Awards for product innovations.
- Control Engineering, honoring our Samba 7" with an Control Engineers’ Choice Award in the category of Hardware – integrated HMI controllers. This was the 6th—yes SIXTH—year in a row that Unitronics' programmable controllers have received this prestigious industry award.
We welcomed two major additions to our UniStream line of PLC + HMI programmable controllers:
- UniStream 5" – PLC + HMI + I/O built into one unit
Compact, contemporary, and connected, these bring you bring you all of the power and functionality of UniStream, the same elegant, color-touch HMI panel, and a range of built-in I/O configurations. It is available in two versions: UniStream 5" (B5) and UniStream 5" Pro (B10). Both series support important fieldbus protocols such as MODBUS, Ethernet/IP and CANopen, as well as SNMP, VNC, FTP, SMS, email, and communications via GSM/GPRS modem.
The Pro version also offers a built-in Webserver, audio jack, video support–and SQL, a plus for OEMs facing Industry 4.0.
- Multi-touch HMI panel
UniStream USP-104-M10 offered our first integrated Multi-Touch panel, enabling gestures such as swipe, double-tap, press & tap, and more, including Two-Hand operation – a recognized safety measure.
The award-winning programming environment for UniStream received an all-new Hardware Configuration upgrade, and a number of added features, including CANopen EDS Import, View, Edit, and new EDS Ladder Functions, powerful MODBUS features: Aperiodic via Ladder, Add Aperiodic/ Periodic Operations per slave, singly or in batches. We also included support for MYSQL.
• PPMA Processing & Packaging Machinery Association, in the UK
• SPS IPC Drives in Germany and in Italy
• ATX – the Automation Technology Expo, held in both New York and Toronto
• OTC2017, the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas
Contribute to our Roadmap for 2018!
Many of our finest products and feature addition have been jumpstarted by a suggestion from you, a member of the automation sector.
Don't be shy—write to us with your suggestions and ideas!
Follow us on Social Media
Click on the icons below to keep updated with the latest and greatest from the Unitronics team!
Thanks for reading—may you have a marvelous 2018, and may all your applications run bug-free!