VNC Viewer requires drag for press event (Solved)

We have a headless Unitronics PLC with a touchscreen panel PC running a RealVNC VNC viewer to interact with the HMI. We have done this on two previous project without any issues but on this one, it requires either a very quick tap or a drag for the button press event to fire. I have tried a different VNC application with the same problem.

• MVP 2023

Hi Joel, so the obvious question is what model, what firmware and what version of Unilogic are you now using?  Different from your first two?  If your previous program worked fine, don't change anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

cheers, Aus

On 2/9/2024 at 2:11 PM, Ausman said:

A one scan set?  Or the number of scans between the physical actions?  This might be the issue, in that you're asking over many scans for an action that should only be asked once.

I guess I don't understand the question. In the actions we have an action that sets a bit on the pressed event and reset the same bit on the release action. I am assuming these only happen once but it isn't clear based on the documentation. 

• MVP 2023

Sorry for delay, weather events knocked systems out. 

Further explanation.  I don't use unilogic, but in visilogic such a button press utilising a set and reset based on the button push would keep the bit on for quite a few scans, instead of just one.  The action you are trying to initiate might then perhaps be unable to operate properly because it is being called in consecutive scans,  rather than the single call it needs.

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
16 hours ago, Ausman said:

I don't use unilogic

Aus, UniLogic is a totally different beast when it comes to button presses. In VisiLogic, pressing a button activates the associated MB. The MB is on for as long as the button stays pressed and turns off when the button is released. It doesn't work that way in UniLogic. Button presses can have a variety of "Actions" associated with them and there is no action that performs like a button press in VisiLogic. If you want the button to behave the way it does in VisiLogic, then you Set the operand on press and Reset the operand on release. This is totally independent of Set & Reset you are familiar with in ladder.

• MVP 2023
7 hours ago, Flex727 said:

If you want the button to behave the way it does in VisiLogic, then you Set the operand on press and Reset the operand on release.

All fair enough, but doesn't your explanation mean that it is on for a number of scans matched to the length of button push? Which is what Joel is doing ..........

On 2/13/2024 at 1:58 AM, Joel Page said:

an action that sets a bit on the pressed event and reset the same bit on the release action.

And that was why I suggested the possibility of repeats each scan messing something up. 

cheers, Aus

I don't think the scans have anything to do with it. This always how I have used buttons on Unilogic It works on a unitronics touchscreen panel and if I am using a mouse with the VNC viewer. I just don't think the unitronics VNC server is handling touches the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Solution

Our vendor had someone else encounter the same issue on another panel of the same model and we were having trouble with a different HMI software delaying clicks. They found a newer version of the touch driver eGalaxy Touch Driver and now it works. I didn't think to find newer drivers since we've used this before without issues but that appears to be the problem. Thanks for the help.

• Upvote 1