creating a leader board closest to 3 sec over or under.

All,

this is a little unusual but i am asking for help on the best way to create  a leader board.  i have made a game of sorts for our marketing team that allows them to take a display (vision 1210) and foam dispensing gun and hook them up together.  the goal to try to hold the trigger of the gun for exactly 3  seconds, and you get 3 attempts, and then it averages the shots which you want to get as close to a 3 second average as possible. if you go over it tells you how much you over shot and how much money that will equal in wasted product, and if you go under it tells you that you have under shot and and that will cost you because you have to scrap  what ever you are filling with foam. Then it pops up with a screen that asks for your email witch saves it to a data table. They want a leader for who gets the closest to the 3 second shot. You could go over or under does not matter just who ever is closest. I'm looking for help on the easiest way to preform that task.  

Thank you

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, Ausman said:

.why not get the 1210 (or other unit) to perfectly time the gun shot

They have a commercial V1210 system that does exactly that.  I helped them develop it.

You'll need to figure out how to do what's called a "bubble sort" in ladder logic on a Data Table.  This is not trivial.  I'll have to give some thought to that one.

Joe T.

Ausman,

this is just for trade shows, to show off our ON SITE ACT  machine. what i made for it shows the human error when trying to fill something with foam and how much money it will cost the company. also it is used to grab attention, be interactive, and network with future costumers by gathering emails. but i was wanting a leader board. 

• MVP 2023

I can't see why this would be too hard.  Each of the 3 attempts is handled on it's own for display purposes, with it's own unique display based on the variables' maths.  Then a fixed time after the attempt for the next one to happen for each participant.  Then the over/under time averaging of their 3 attempts can be simply compared to the previous one to decide who is the current leader.   If the previous one is better it remains as the leader, if the new attempt is shorter times, it replaces/updates the old details in the MIs which retain the data.  At the end of the fun it gets the email entry, which is really the only thing I see needing a data table, perhaps routinely saved to the SD as a progressively named file.

Of course this sounds easy, but I do think the reality won't be too hard to achieve, with very little head banging on brick wall/cursing/etc.  I'm assuming that you'd simply put Remote Access or Operator onto a big screen nearby, to save any need for complex display conversions.

cheers,  Aus