Got any Application Stories?

Have you:

- Gone to battle a automated machine project with drawn sword--and won?

- Done a complete system retrofit that would make your mama proud?

- Finished a turnkey control application with a leftover budget so large that your bank is asking you for a loan?

Seriously--if you've done something cool using Unitronics products, tell us about it! We are now collecting application stories to be published in 2012.

For more information, please write to cara.levy@unitronics.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all,

Just thought I would share with you a recent project building on an existing product running the V350. Apologies for the long post but as I am new to the forum there is some more general background which may be interesting to someone!

Here in the UK I am involved with another company who manufacture and ship Friction Feeders worldwide. Many customers are in the print and packaging industries. The machine itself is simple in concept - dispense the bottom product from a magazine or hopper as accurately as possible; normally onto a conveyor belt. Typically this could be a small card fed onto a sheet of paper to product a mailshot. In very simple terms a sensor sees a product and calls for the motor to run.

Unitronics allows us to control this process very accurately using servo motors. With placement accuracy onto a moving target of +/- 1mm. Building on a simple operation there are a number of parameters which can be adjusted on the screen for fine control. We have an established program which achieves this and also gives customers the ability for remote comms via Ethernet.

The customer in a recent project wanted a little bit more... could the V350 control their entire process? Incorporating a conveyor belt and industrial sewing machine. The items were to be dispensed in batches and sewn to a backing tape. Looking at spare I/O it was obvious this was achievable. With just a couple of extra days programming the project was ready.

I wanted to highlight our success with the V350, a fantastic little PLC which allows us to adapt to our customers’ requirements. With Visilogic we can incorporate new features very quickly. The use of a combined HMI and ladder environment (free of charge) was one of the major reasons I moved to Unitronics. It never ceases to amaze me what features are available to the programmer.

To anyone just starting out don't be daunted, if things aren't working look for the simplest solution requiring the least code and you won't be far away. On the couple of occasions I have needed support the staff have been great and resolved issues remotely.

Dave

Production Automation Ltd

• Like 1

Hi Dave!!
That was great to read--very happy that you have found our HMI + PLC controllers suit your needs so well!

Would you like to  collaborate on an application story?
We publish them here, on our site.
We also sometimes use these stories, or quote them (with proper attribution, of course!)

Let me know if you are interested :)

• 3 months later...

Replaced one more CNC controller with V130-J-TR34

It was a Auto Punching Machine for metal sheets. The CNC controller of the X,Y table failed. The X,Y table had two servo motors. I used the V130-J-TR34 for this application.

Customer wanted to transfer the AutoCad drawing directly to the PLC. So i used some tools from unitronics site to convert autocad file to excel file and then transferring the excel to PLC. The idea worked and now the machine is running.

IMG20180922162216.jpg