PLC's for ventilation system and heat management

I need a PLC's for ventilation system and management of heat node equipment.

1. PLC with AI-2, 0-AO, DI-2, DO-6

2. PLC with AI-6, AO-4, AI-20, DO-17

3. PLC with AI-2, AO-1, DI-10, DO-18

4. Programmable regulator AI-7, DO-6

5. Programmable regulator AI-7, DO-6 VAS-AVS

6. Controller DI-10, DO-9

The project provided PLC's must have:

• analog inputs (0..10 V) - for sensors or other electrical signals;

• analog outputs - for continuous regulation (0..10 V) range;

• digital inputs - switches or other electrical equipment;

• digital outputs - equipment on and off via an intermediate relay (~ 24V / 0.1A).

Regulator must have LED display and control buttons to change parameters . Regulator has to have a real-time clock and communication channel for data exchange with PC. In case of power loss the regulator must ensure the preservation of parameters in memory.

Which controllers would you recommend?

Thank You.

13 hours ago, gdamat said:

Regulator must have LED display and control buttons to change parameters . Regulator has to have a real-time clock and communication channel for data exchange with PC. In case of power loss the regulator must ensure the preservation of parameters in memory.

You can select a model from the Vision series, depending on the size of the touch screen you need.

Vision models offer RTC, communication options, retentive data values and much much more.

Since you know the exact I/O requirements for your projects, you can select I/O expansion modules to connect to the PLC via EX-A2X adapter.

You have also the option to add I/O by using one snap-in module (attach to the back of the controller).

All details about PLC's and expansion modules can be found very easily on Unitronics website.

Thanks for advice. Would it be an optimal solution such a configuration?

1. PLC with AI-2, DI-2, DO-6 --> JZ20R16  +  power supply

2. PLC with AI-6, AO-4, AI-20, DO-17 --> IODI16  +  IOTO16  +  IOAI4AO2  +  IOAI4AO2  +  IODI8TO8  +  power supply

3. PLC with AI-2, AO-1, DI-10, DO-18 --> IODI16  +  IOTO16  +  IOAI4AO2  +  IODI8RO4  +  power supply

4. Programmable regulator AI-7, DO-6 --> V430JT2  +  IOAI8  +  EXA2X  + power supply

5. Programmable regulator AI-7, DO-6 --> V430JT2  +  IOAI8  +  EXA2X  + power supply

6. PLC with DI-10, DO-9 --> IODI8TO8  +  IODI8TO8  +  power supply

Thanks

• MVP 2023

Your equipment picks are a good start.  I'd recommend looking at the IO-AO6X for your units with analog outputs - it has six outputs on one module.  Use the IO-AI8 for your analog inputs.

I'd also look at standardizing on a PLC model and stay away from the Jazz if all these are going to be networked together.  Since you've already got expansion I/O in the works, I'd use a V430-J-B1 (no onboard I/O) and keep all your wiring on the subpanel.  Unless you've got a good reason you haven't mentioned, running a bunch of the I/O wiring up to the door where the PLC is can be a pain in the butt.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023
On 20/10/2016 at 4:37 AM, gdamat said:

why to approve my message content by a moderator takes so long?

Hi Gdamat,

I think that most of the moderators on this forum work in the real world, they are not someone who sits mindlessly looking at forums all the time.  They might also be on the other side of the world...this is a "global" forum.  After you have posted a certain number of times, and indicated willingness to persist and be polite, you shift to immediate posting.  Personally I don't have trouble with this to keep the forum orderly, although it is a bit painful when you first join and want information now!

+1 to Joe's answer.  It also encompasses my other reason for using expansions on a bare PLC......it makes it cheaper if something ever needs replacing.  The only time I go for onboard is if I am running out of IOs via expansions.

And just for a laugh re the door comment, in one of my jobs I had to mount 2 fully loaded PLCs, IOs and other gear onto the door due to very restricted space.  It was interesting  getting about 280 lines within 4 or 7 core screened cables into a suitable series of flexing configurations that went onwards to multiple arrays of din rail.  I guess that abbreviates down to "a pain in the butt"!

cheers,

Aus