Been running fine for years now is coming up with

V5.4(B09) HW A

Expansion Error

1 0x0000 2-0

3 0x0008 4-0x0000

5 0x00000000

can anyone help with which expansion card is causing the problem

turn off power and starts up for up to an hour then faults

Usually such error comes from electromagnetic noise in the system.

There are two possible ways to fix the problem:

1. review and improve your system to increase the noise immunity. In our web site www.unitronics.com > Support page > Technical Library > Support documents (at te bottom of the page) you can find a doc "Sysytem design guidelines". If you will follow the rules and advices there, thsi must fix the problem.

2. Replace EX-A1 with the newely developped EX-A2X. This module has isolated port, which enable cable length up to 20 meters. As "side effect" the new module is much better protected against noise.

• MVP 2014

Hmm, since the system has been installed for several years, and only just started to have problems, can you check if any equipment in the vicinity was added or upgraded recently - such as motor drives, contactors, etc. Also check for modified mains wiring.

I guess we have assumed something has changed in the PLC hardware, but maybe something has changed in the environment?

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem with an OPLC V120, an Expansion Adapter EX-A2X and a IO-DI8-TO8.

First, I had an Expansion Adapter EX-A1: the OPLC did'nt show the error message but the led RUN in the IO module was flashing...

Then, I put the EX-A2X: Early, the communication is established but in a few minutes the OPLC show the error message and the comunnication is broken...

I did test without the IO connections but the problem persists.

Thank you for your help...

• 3 weeks later...

We just found out the same error. We use the IO-LC1 and the EX-A1, and got the EX-A2X as a DIRECT replacement, it is not. We have to use the directional cable with the new EX-A2X module. We have machines out in the field with the EX-A1 in them. Is there an adapter for the cable to make the EX-A2x work without rewiring the machines if there is a repair?

IS there a download of the different cable configurations between the EX-A1 and the EX-A2X?