I am switching from V570 to V700. Some the logic isn't used no more. The following attachment.

I am trying to figure what I need to change out to make it work. I need to establish connection by inputting address then saying it connected. Then disconnect after a period of time. 

MB 4000 starts a timer once timer runs out it connects to server that is inputted. Then disconnect.

I just like to know what i need to switch out. The last pic is what i currently have changed.

Thanks

Rog

570ladder.PNG V570 logic

poddscreen.PNG Screen to input addresses and status

poddladder.PNG V700 current logic. 

• MVP 2023

In the first picture (rung 5) you are checking the status of Socket 1 (Initialized, but not connected). You might want to do the same in the V700 using Request #22.

In the bottom picture you seem to be checking the status of Socket 0 (rung 6). Not sure why.

Changing over to the V700 shouldn't be a big mystery. Unitronics has clearly labeled the System Operands that no longer apply and provide a function that replaces those operands. Otherwise, everything works the same.

This current ladder I have. It is pretty similar to what was used on the 570. I took out SB 144 and 148 replaced with v700 read function and compare block just like examples. Still nothing. Getting a 19 on the MI 2. But nothing happens after.

Thanks,

Rog 

v700ladd.PNG

5 hours ago, Isakovic said:

Status 23 means it is connected. You run connect block when Socket 1 is connected in your logic, it should be MI2 not equal 23.

Also, nets 4 and 5 are the same.

Thanks for reply and thanks pointing out the extra net. 

After I changed to how suggested. It shows in the HMI that it connected, but when I take IP address out. It still shows it connected to net regardless of not having a IP address. When I look in help 19 means Socket Initialized to TCP.  I am not sure if it truly connected to net.

6 minutes ago, Isakovic said:

Hello Rog,

What do you mean by taking out IP address? After net 6 is executed what status do you get for Socket 1, 19 or 23?

As Flex said it should work the same regardless of controller used, V570 or V700.

I get 19, never seen it hit 23. I have a HMI screen that I input the ip address to get onto the net, which was in my original post. With the original 570, I can take the any IP address out and the 570 would not connect. My ladder logic isn't very different at all(which can be seen in my later post. 

Thanks

• MVP 2023

With a V570, my Connect rung normally looks something like this. I've never tried to activate a Connect function with a one-shot as you are doing, but I suppose it could work if there was no other traffic to interfere.

image.png.86815041efbd847e57497eb925a8959f.png

You should do a bit of experimentation and take out the MI 2 Compare block and see what happens. When I work with a V700, I create equivalents to the system operands that I need using the Socket Status Request #22 rather than trying to do it in the rung for Connect.

2 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

What are you connecting to?

What information are you exchanging?

I notice that your local port and remote port are the same. Nothing wrong with that, but if the post # is changed, you need to re-initialize the Socket.

Ya the port # are the same. They worked for 570. This program is a left over to me. I am upgrading 570 to 700. So that why I have some miss understanding. 

For what this ladder logic. It main purpose is to connect to a remote server and dump info to it. Mostly like usages of different chemicals, Flows(GPM), and levels on tanks.

• MVP 2023

For troubleshooting, I'm going to suggest you set the V700 logic IDENTICAL to the V570 logic but leave out the System Operands that don't apply. If that works, than re-create those operands, one at a time, using the Socket Status Request #22.

When converting from V570 to V700, I would normally just change the V570 Hardware Configuration to V700 then adjust the graphics to fill the screen, as needed (as well as replace the communication System Operands that don't apply).