Hello guys,

Can someone help me with step by step how to program the ex rc1 to communicate with v1210?

I downloaded a program in the ex rc1 which is working perfect but how do I make it communicate with the v1210 controller?

I've searched for examples and links regarding this particular issue but to no avail.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

• MVP 2023

Look at the programs in this post-

UniCAN continues to be a topic of misunderstanding on the forum.  Go back and read the Help on the protocol itself - you need to understand it is a one-way protocol and you need Send blocks in both the main PLC as well as the RC1.  There is an example program in the Help using a V570 on the master side.

If you downloaded the Unitronics example into your RC1 it is most likely working but not doing what you want.  It's an example.  This is what I most commonly see people post as "their" RC1 program and then they ask questions as to why it doesn't work.

Post your code for both the master and the RC1 after you've looked at the above post.  I spent a lot of time answering that one.  Also list the I/O connected to your RC1.

Joe T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

I'm guessing you want to show total run time.

10 hours ago, Mikel said:

(programmed to turn on and off).

I'm not sure what this means.

Anyway, program a minute pulse and then count the minutes while the pump is running in an ML.  You can then divide it down for display in hours or whatever else you want.

Try programming this and post your code. 

Joe T.

That is correct Joe I want to show total run time. I used SB13 powered by the pump to count up to 3600 secs which I then count as one(hour)

I've posted my code below.

one more issue bothering me,

Is there a way I can display the real time clock from the plc onto my hmi.

whenever screen is on I want to view the time in hh/mm/ss and also the date?

thanks Joe

BWRO WITH OLD GRAPHICS.vlp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  all,

I have programmed total run time for a pump stored in ML. Anytime this pump is serviced, I have an onscreen button to reset the time.

Whenever the time is reset, client wants that particular date to be captured and stored. And also display it on the HMI.

Is this possible and if yes, i could really use some help. Thanks guys.

Kind regards,

MIKEL.