"Rainfall Counter" data display

wapcs

Hello,
I have a rain bucket to monitor every 0.1mm of rainfall. I would like to display how much rain there has been within the last 24 hours, 7 days and month.

I thought the best way might be to use a data table and 'insert row' which would push out old values, but to then acquire the sum of the data table is a convoluted process. 

Any suggestions on how I could achieve my goal?

Lifo table, you could pretty easy build a UDFB that took as a "function in" the # of rows that you wanted to SUM the specified data, then with the help of an increment run through each row and sum to a temp local variable, then move that to function out and reset the increment. You could then just change the # of rows (which would be at a fixed sample rate) to get your 24h, 7d, 1M Function Outs.

Getting the values in to the data table is easy. Extracting it back out then using a formula to calculate the SUM of all the values requires a lot of logic. I guess sometimes there just no easy way hey.. 

A 'SUM' function that totals up the values within a data table would be nice. 

4 hours ago, wapcs said:

Extracting it back out then using a formula to calculate the SUM of all the values requires a lot of logic.

Read value and add to sum, then increment a counter to read next value and so on. Shouldn't be a massive code.

You can use "Jump to Region" to loop it so it is done in a single scan.

7 hours ago, Isakovic said:

Read value and add to sum, then increment a counter to read next value and so on. Shouldn't be a massive code.

You can use "Jump to Region" to loop it so it is done in a single scan.

This ^^

I think this could be done in less than 10 rungs. One idea of process flow is:

Function In: Last Row to read

Local Variable: Value1

variable SumTotal = 0;

RowIndex = 0

Do until RowIndex = last row to read

Get Value from current row index (built in function block)  and move it to local variable (store)

sum (SumTotal + Value1)

Index RowIndex

Loop

SumTotal = Function Out.