How can I implement a high speed counter for paper rolling project?

Hi all,

I am a fairly new  and inexperienced programmer when it comes to using Visilogic software; my experience lies more in implementation of the Unilogic/Unistream line of software and controllers. Because of this, I wanted to ask if someone could show me how to write a simple subroutine for a high speed counter using the Visilogic software. My current project involves using a digital input that produces square-wave pulses and I need to use these pulses to make the HSC count how many feet of paper are rolled onto a drum as they come off a product line.

I would also appreciate it if someone who has done a similar project could share their code with me as well if it was done using Visilogic software.

Best and thanks for the help.

• MVP 2023

The first expansion I/O module always starts address at 32. This allows room for a potential Snap-In module that starts at address 0. Each (digital I/O) module after will start at the next increment of 16, regardless of how many addresses were taken up by prior modules.

Flex727,

Thank you for explaining the input addressing to me, things are starting to make a lot more sense now.

Ausman,

I am referring to the Vision 130-J-B1 PLC (listed as the V130-33-B1 in the Hardware Config. in the Visilogic software); my apologies for not including those details. Unfortunately, I do not have information on the kHz rate for the sensor at the moment; I will have to ask my boss for this and will update you when I have that number. I have looked through the online manual for the DI8-T08 expansion module and am aware that the HSC is located on I7 and the reset on I6. What are the limitations for the HSC you are referring to?