Hello

I try to translate a two steps Grafcet with Set/Reset.

But when i test my program, the Set/Reset coils arec energized at the same time.

In the documentation we can read that : A reset coil turns a set coil OFF (unlatches), when the preceding net conditions are ON, allowing power flow to reach the reset coil from the net.  

Once a set coil is turned ON, it stays ON, independent of the original set condition, until a reset coil linked to the same address resets (unlatches) the coil condition.

Thanks for your help

SR test.vlp

• MVP 2023
3 hours ago, Bourdon said:

But when i test my program, the Set/Reset coils arec energized at the same time.

I think you're misunderstanding the power flow designation in VisiLogic. When a coil is energized it will show as red when online in VisiLogic. The fact that the coil is a SET coil, RESET coil, or direct coil is irrelevant to showing it energized. Whether a SET or RESET in VisiLogic, it's still the same coil and will be visualized the same. What you need to be looking for is complete power flow from the left rail to the coil.

• MVP 2023

Further to Flex's answer, Visilogic also has a quirk where it simply reads the state of operands when you are online.  In doing the read this way it will also show things with Red (if that's the colour you have set for Power Flow ) in a subroutine that is NOT being called.  This easily leads to confusion as to why something isn't working as expected.

This has caught out many people and you need to be aware of it.  Members here often have a dedicated personal method at the top of each sub to definitely show when it is active.

cheers, Aus