I am doing some basic math and noticed a lack of clear explaination of the math function blocks. For instance the subtraction block. It isn't clearly called out that A - B = C. It says that C is the difference between the two MIs. If the difference is going to stored in a MI it makes a big difference on whether A is subtracted from B or B from A as a negative sign could occur.

Also, please correct me if I am wrong but I am under the assume that it is A - B = C

Thanks.

Small note:

In VisiLogic > Help menu > Examples > Version 861 > Functio examples there is working, very simple, well explained example for each of these funcitons. Maybe this can be helpful too? If not, let us know and we will improve these examples, of if they are not relevant, we will wipe them out!

Hi,I'm Cara, Unitronic's technical writer.First of all, you are correct--the GUI was changed some time ago, and the Help was not updated. The text that formerly appeared in the function, now appears in a tooltip, if you hover your cursor over the function.You are also correct that the order of the operands was not defined in the Help. I took a moment to correct that (and edit the capture), and you will see it the next time I release a Help version.This is certainly relevant to other Math functions; I have put these on the to-do list; but I must admit that it is not high priority.Thanks!

I merely mentioned it because I could see it as an easy addition to the help section. I personally didn't even know the example files existing until know. When using a new program the first instict is to check the help section for answering questions. Also, in basic math you don't say A subtract B equals C. You would say B subtracted from A equals C or A minus B equals C.Again, I just made a comment on this as an oppurtunity to avoid any confusion down the road for others.Thanks