How many CANbus and URB modules can I connect a SAMBA series PLC?

• MVP 2023

An interesting question.  CANBus supports up to 60 nodes, and you could theoretically have 253 URB modules if there was nothing else on your network.

On the other hand, a SAMBA is a hobbled Vision PLC and has a small fraction of the memory compared to the Vision.  You would run out of registers to allocate pretty quickly if you had more than a couple of remote I/O drops.

Do you have an application in mind?

Joe T.

Al corriente Viernes a las 08:12 PM

Interesante pregunta. CANBus admite hasta 60 nodos y, en teoría, podría tener 253 módulos URB si no hubiera nada más en su red.

Por otro lado, un SAMBA es un PLC Vision con problemas y tiene una pequeña fracción de la memoria en comparación con el Vision. Se quedaría sin registros para realizar asignaciones con bastante rapidez si tuviera más de un par de caídas de E / S remotas.

¿Tienes una aplicación en mente?

Joe T.

Hi Joe, at the moment I don't have an application, but being an economical PLC I wanted to validate with which one could get better results for I / O scanning speed if the URBs or the EX-RC1 header.

Thanks!!