Hello all, 

Currently new to VisiLogic and I'm looking to create a timer function to basically mimic a heating programmer so i'm looking for date time etc with as many on/offs as i want to install has anyone got or know of a webinar/video of this function, i have found a timer one however i don't think its what i'm looking for. thanks in advance. 

• MVP 2023

Depending on how many on/off events you want to use you can go one of two ways-

1. For a couple of events in a day, use the Clock functions found in Utils-> Clock

2.  For a high level of flexibility you can use compare blocks to the RTC found in SI30 .. SI38.  Get to know these registers if your application is time based, as your functionality is only limited by your imagination.

Joe T.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Joe T.

Many thanks for this, i have read through and the Clock functions in the Utils is the way to go for me. i'm looking to make 7 day 3 on/offs programmer, can you advise on any webinars/videos, all that  have seen so far is not what i'm looking for need to be able for the end user to be able to adjust on/pff times. 

Thanks in advance. 

• MVP 2023

In the Help Index find RTC Real Time Clock and then open Clock: Year, Direct/Indirect and then scroll down and open  Clock: Indirect Function Example by clicking on How do I use the Indirect Clock function.  Also cruise around all the subjects in this area if something is not clear.

Help has lots of info on all subjects, but sometimes you need to dig deep.  Search is particularly useful for pinning something down.

cheers, Aus

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ausman said:

In the Help Index find RTC Real Time Clock and then open Clock: Year, Direct/Indirect and then scroll down and open  Clock: Indirect Function Example by clicking on How do I use the Indirect Clock function.  Also cruise around all the subjects in this area if something is not clear.

Help has lots of info on all subjects, but sometimes you need to dig deep.  Search is particularly useful for pinning something down.

cheers, Aus

Found this information to be extremely useful right up to the part where using the jump conditions it says to use SB 30....... 

Click on the first Jump Condition, and select SB 30: HMI keypad entries completed. the trouble is SB 30 is assigned to Keypad Vars Locked(standard: OS turns ON after entries complete V130: User turns on/of)............ this is the first time building with timers and Visilogic can I just re-write the conditions will that work. 

All help is appreciated

Neil