PLC Program space usage and whats left? + PLC Task Utilization?

Gargamel

12 hours ago, kratmel said:

You can find Projected Memory Map in Build menu.

You can find Scan time system integer SI0 and compare different code variant.

You can also use Utils>>>Debug>>>Intervals for code optimization.

Please read this topic about PLC utilization

I cannot find any of those menues you mention.

but i found something that might be informational in the system tags. 

unilogic.thumb.png.8d7d14aa2d5a0043f394b7312b735eb9.png

• Like 1

In the "System" tab /tags, there is Execution and PUSage, i'm ASSUMING "Panel CPU Usage [%]" actually means the PLC CPU and not an HMI/Screen cpu usage.
But, i have not found any tags telling me how large my program is, but in the tech specs pdf, i found ladder memory is 1 MB.
Many customers requires data on how much free cpu and memory there is, and plenty require that atleast 20-25% should be free at delivery for possible future expansion.

• Like 1

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Are you telling me, there is NO way to collect cpu and ram/memory usage from the project or live from the cpu?

Keep in mind that the moderators and participants on this forum are volunteers most of whom do not work for Unitronics. There are a lot of experienced users here, but we don't know everything about the product. I recommend that if an important question goes unanswered here, contact Unitronics directly at support@unitronics.com. In my experience they are very responsive and will usually get back to you quickly.

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

In Unistream you have two CPU = panel CPU (linux based PC with more the 4GB SD card inside) and PLC CPU with battery powered RTC and 1MB memory  for Ladder code.

Maybe I'm wrong (let the PLC Creators correct me), but in the project, only part of the code called Ladder is executed in the PLC CPU. The graphic part and all multimedia and network capabilities are placed on the panel CPU. Therefore, in a fairly high probability, it is the percentage of using its capabilities that is the limitation that is important for the end user.

For more detailed explanations, contact support@unitronics.com.