Vision 1040 + USR-W630 to USR-W630 + Rish LM-12360

Hello I am a beginner in the application and use of unitronic components :

1. I need to use the vision 1040 as a PLC+HMI controller in a point A, this to register some variables and control some actuators, while the vision 1040 is working I need to send all the information about the variables with the USR-W630, as wifi signal to the point B, in the point B I receive the information and send it to the scada system with the Rish LM-12360.

Is it possible to do this application, with these components.

I hope someone can help me.
Greetings from colombia 

• MVP 2023

Yes, it is possible to do datalogging over wifi, but I wouldn't use the serial converter you called out as those types of devices typically need a driver on a PC somewhere to make them work.

Put an Ethernet card in the V1040.

I couldn't find anything on a Rish LM-12360.  Please post a link to a manual on it if you want us to be helpful.

Joe T. 

28 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

Yes, it is possible to do datalogging over wifi, but I wouldn't use the serial converter you called out as those types of devices typically need a driver on a PC somewhere to make them work.

Put an Ethernet card in the V1040.

I couldn't find anything on a Rish LM-12360.  Please post a link to a manual on it if you want us to be helpful.

Joe T. 

Hi Joe thanks for your help.

I did put an Ethernet card in the V1040.

For the first step in point A, I don't know how are the necessary parameters, which I have to set in the program for the PLC. I have found an information for visilogic to set up a remote access, but it is not clear. Can you help me with this.

I need the serial converter because the V 1040 implementation is 200 meters away from the PC for the scada system. 

I have attached some pdfs with the information of the components I have, and the link of the visilogic configuration.

https://www.i4automation.co.uk/unitronicspdf/VisiLogic - Utilities.pdf

rishabh_lm1360_datasheet.pdf rishabh_lm1360_operating_manual.pdf [User-Manual]USR-W630-User-Manual-V1.0.3_1687230152.pdf USR-W630-AT-commands-V1.0.3.pdf

• MVP 2023

Remote Access is a Unitronics dedicated program to remotely replicate the displays of a Unitronics PLC.  This is not what you're looking for to communicate with a SCADA package or another device..

You will set up the V1040 as a Modbus RTU serial slave for your SCADA software.  Look at the Help and the Examples for Modbus Slave configuration and for Modbus Slave address tables.  The entire PLC memory is available to the SCADA software via Modbus.

Joe T.

Hello Gabriel and Joe thank you for your help.

I have looking for more information about the application, then I made a diagram as Gabriel comments that it is possible, with wifi converters, I will send the data from the PLC to the scada system, but this information how it is sent from point A to point B, via TCP/IP or I have to convert to ASCII or bynari.

I already set up a tcp/ip communication, in the PLC. 

image.thumb.png.93256f70f5c0c9eab7f56c4bd5f91392.png

image.png.e1bbfec36f8da924be98b69a26851a6c.png

The PLC does not send information, it is the SCADA that gathers and/or put data from/to PLC using Modbus TCP protocol.

I´m not sure if USR-W630 is the most convenient device here because it´s a gateway (Modbus RTU/Modbus TCP) and basically what you need is an Ethernet to WiFi converter or  an Ethernet switch with WiFi capabilities (unless you can wire).

Be aware of WiFi networks can be unstable and based on data rate collection, you may loose important data; that being said, it's better to have a wired connection between SCADA and PLC.

• MVP 2023

Thank you for posting the diagram to clarify what you're doing.

Be Honest.  Do Best!

I love that in the header of the USR manual.

You're PLC program looks correct.

I agree with Gabriel that a wired connection is better, but I have set up to Wi-Fi access points to do what you're doing.  Just configure the two USRs to see each other and set their IP addresses to be in your network.  Their connection should be transparent to the PLC and the SCADA system.  It should work without any additional programming on your part.

200 meters is a fair range.  You may need directional Wi-Fi antennas or a booster.

Joe T.