All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hello World, some time ago I wrote a small application for ammonia storage in chemical factory. Just some measurements, valves and communication to SCADA system. One day, the guys from the factory asked me to perform a routine check of the system. OK, I arrived to site and had a call with control room about the tests. One of the prescribed tests was simulating overpressure in the storage and checking if the alarm is sent to control room properly. The emergency valves were electrically disconnected to prevent leakage of the ammonia. Everything went smoothly, alarm was raised, the control room confirmed alarm so I switched back to real measurement, when... What the hell? I hear sirens. I just ran out from the equipment room and I saw four red emergency trucks arriving in front of the room. Something went terribly wrong. Maybe the electrician guys disconnected the wrong valves and ammonia leaked due to simulated alarm? My world went black. Emergency situation in the town, probably I will be fired from the company. I found the leader of the emergency group and I shouted at him: "It was my fault, how dangerous is the contamination?" The guy replied: "What contamination? We were just asked for a presentation for local TV." Damn, I will never forget that day.
  3. Hi, i'm struggeling to have a UDFB to store the PLC timestamp in a string with the following format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS This is highly needed to insert timestamp values in SQL tables with the datatime field or timestamp field. I tried to use the RTC to ASCII UDFB but this format is not possible, also not when combining strings. A simple UDFB should do wonders here
  4. This will enter the date of the insert, not the date from the local datastruct. Good question because we need this also... we need a timestamp value in a locak table structure. Maybe the string format YY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS will work?
  5. I have been using the Jazz2 with the MJ20-Et1 for SCADA connectivity with an Android device. I am trying to troubleshoot some intermittent communication drop outs as well as intermittent inability to connect to the Jazz2 PLC. Can you please explain or point to documentation that clearly describes the following settings in Ethernet Configuration: Keep alive start time, Keep alive interval, and Inactivity timer? Thanks, Rob
  6. Last week
  7. I am struggling to find a guide for connecting initially to the new PLC only units. I am used to the units with screens where you can use UniApp to change the IP address, allowing download from UniLogic.
  8. I have exatly the same problem, in my case I am usin a V350-35-R34 whit a IO-DI16 expansion module. In this case I´m traing to reset the MI 90 (high speed counter) but I cant. I use this same logical to reset another high speed counter connected directly to the PLC and everything is working fine, the problem is just whit the high speed input conected to IO-DI16. Some know what is the problem. Do I need to do some diferent whit the expansion module inputs? I really apreciate your help.
  9. JuanMejia, Please attach to post EDS file and other documentation. And what do you need to read from Adapter (1794-AENT)? With more information it will be better chance to help you. B.B.
  10. Hi Marten, Open a ticket on Unitronics "Help center" at https://support.unitronics.com/index.php the Support team will assist.
  11. You should not fill both, Client and Server configuration. Only one. In this case for Server. We managed online session today and established TCP Online communication between U90Ladder and PLC. Unfortunately I have no LabView experience and cannot help with it. May be somebody did it? If yes - please share experience. *I found by Google ( search for "labview modbus tcp read"): "Basic MODBUS TCP/IP Read Holding Register using LabVIEW" https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Basic-MODBUS-TCP-IP-Read-Holding-Register-using-LabVIEW/ta-p/3499688?profile.language=en May be this will help. B.R.
  12. Hi All, I am new to Unictronics and have written an application PLC + HMI with 10 Screens. During test a trend is started, 2 feeds, datasampling (SD card) Sometimes the error HMI application overload popups. Found in the system tags the execution tags, and one is the Pusage tag. It keeps at >90% and sometimes even 100%, Even without VNC/ Webserver or the trend is running Is the overload error related to this? Is this normal an is there a way to reduce panel usage? For example in Siemens you can set the tage update rate. Thanks in advance!
  13. What protocols Banners DXM 100 supporting on Ethernet interface? - MODBUS TCP? - Other? More information -better help.
  14. Compared to working configuration I once did, all settings are the same except nothing was checked in the client area and "Inactivity timer" was set to 20. Also value 310 was stored in SI145 on startup. You have address 10.20.40.202 in Ethernet settings, maybe it's a typo.
  15. And also, why have you got the unit set as network ID 255? And why the 0s in the Client area? cheers, Aus
  16. Did you install U90 using right click/run as Admin? And have you got the U90Ladder.exe (that is the main program once installed) set to Run as Admin using compatibility settings? If you did not do either of these, I would uninstall using RevoUninstaller portable and put things back in like I say. cheers, Aus
  17. Hello, I am quite new at PLC's in general. I am using Banners DXM 100 to communicate with a Push button, which in turn all talks to the PLC. I am having trouble navigating on how to connect the DXM using UniLogics software. The PLC is already connected via Ethernet to the DXM. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  18. i want to know what to do in the event mistakenly pressed restore to factory settings , and what should i do to bring it back to the normal working condition. Please help
  19. I opened a case with them, but still no reply. This is what I'm getting in the image directly below the text, when i press the favorites its not going in its giving me a run-time error '13'type mismatch. I dont know why this is happening, and I didnt find anything in regards to this error. This is my program below MODBUS.U90
  20. No, it is not recommended. This will disturb to PID Autotune. Set desired SP, then run Autotune. B.R.
  21. Hi, It is not recommended to use power-up IP configuration (without Ladder configuration). It may be wrong for many reasons. Preferred to set configuration from Ladder. This will warrant right configuration. By the way, in PLC Tools & Applications there is support for DHCP for Enhanced Vision controllers. https://unitronicsplc.com/support-tools-and-applications/ http://unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/V570_DHCP.zip When you look for solutions, please visit and search not only in Forum topics, but in Unitronics Help Center Articles too. Link: https://support.unitronics.com/ There are many available articles. If you have solution to share, tell us know and we will add it to Articles. B.R.
  22. I looked at your program and you should be able to talk to it, especially if you can ping it. It looks like you've been digging through the Help and have set it up properly. Can you post a screenshot of your Favorites table? I'd open a case with support. Joe T.
  23. +1 to both Cam & Flex's suggestions, especially Flex's FYI. IP setting is not obvious at first in Help...you might be thinking as Flex says. Use the Search tab in Help to find TCP\IP: Socket Init and other mentions. These will steer you in the right direction to having the socket set in your program. cheers, Aus
  24. I'd love to take all the credit for this suggestion, but it has been mentioned by lots of people over time. 🤓 cheers, Aus
  25. Um... did you think I meant 40200 was an IP address? It is the reference for a Modbus holding register so another modbus master can read it. Its embedded in the modbus data frame. If you don't know how Modbus works, read this- http://www.modbus.org/docs/Modbus_Application_Protocol_V1_1b.pdf I'll look at your program a little later. You may also want to open a ticket with Unitronics by sending a request to support@unitronics.com. Joe T.
  1. Load more activity