Good morning,

I tried to update my V130-33-TA24 with Visilogic 9.9.0 and I encountered a problem. It gets stuck at step 1.
I tried with an older version, it's the same thing. Is my machine broken? The PLC remains stuck on boot. I have another V130 (-33-T38) and I'm hesitant to upgrade it.

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Capture d’écran 2024-07-10 224648.png

Capture d’écran 2024-07-10 224636.png

P_20240710_225246.jpg

• MVP 2023
17 hours ago, pananok said:

I did it with a usb cord.

Do you mean a simple cable (usb to usb), or a usb adapter with a 9 pin serial socket on the end?  I think you must have an adapter, as 130s don't have a usb port like the 570.  But I believe what you have encountered is an issue related to Windows.  Before I go further, you need to answer the cable or adapter question, and confirm that if it IS an adapter, that it uses a genuine Prolific chip.  Also what version of Windows.

cheers, Aus

Hi,

I used a converter for the upgrade (I did it regularly on V130, V570, V350 without having any problems until now). For the Windows version I did it on Windows 10 and on Windows XP via VMware. Same problem on both environments. I'm more afraid that it's the version of visilogic (9.9.0) that's causing this, but that may have nothing to do with it. My V130 may simply be out of order.  I'm afraid to launch the upgrade on my other V130!  Your opinion on this? Thanks.

Bests regards

P_20240712_064335_1.jpg

• MVP 2023

Maybe this is actually a problem with the hardware of the programmable controller.

However, for the test, I recommend using the information menu and if you manage to get there, put the PLC in STOP mode.

If not, then you should remove the battery, wait without it for a while, and put it back after checking whether the voltage on it is higher than 3.0V.

When disassembling the PLC, it is worth checking whether there is any chemical corrosion on the board. If it is, the PLC is unusable.

• MVP 2023

OK.  + on Kratmel's ideas, but I also suggest that you have a look at the link below and try the new driver before you do anything else.  Your adapter does use the correct chipset type, but windows has stuffed things up repeatedly for this chip working correctly, needing lots of updating of drivers.  It may be that your previous usage was prior to hidden changes occurring.

Take a system restore shot, then fully uninstall the old drivers, and correctly install the new.  And when I say fully uninstall, tick the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device", and reboot before putting in the new driver in the correct method and sequence.  Windows is notorious for over-riding correct PL-2303 driver choices if incorrect ones are still available on the system.  And turn off the ability for windows to "automatically update your drivers".

Also use the "chipcheck" program on the same page to actually see if the chip you actually have is currently ok.

Lastly, I actually have issues with virtual systems running these adapters correctly, likely because of "lost in translation" issues.

https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

• MVP 2023

A further note to the above where I say the adapter has the correct chipset type.....there are a number of models of that series  and only some of them are suitable for later Windows. Earlier ones will generally NOT play correctly on later Windoze versions. Hence my reference to the chip checker program. 

It is perhaps worth repeating here that many on the forum have (cheap) old laptops with onboard serial ports, just for the purpose of needing to communicate to older devices.  Both the software needed and the ability are not possible in later Windows, to connect with something that still works a machine perfectly fine, communicated ok yesterday, but today won't talk at all due to a "progress" change.  It is all very frustrating....

cheers, Aus

Good morning,

Thank you for your answers. I uninstalled and reinstalled the USB-RS232 cord drivers. Same result on the V130. I upgraded a V350 and no problems on it, so I really think the problem is serious. I'm going to get another V130 which I'm also going to try to upgrade. I'll keep you informed.

Bests regards

• MVP 2023

Did you try Kratmel's battery out method? 

I only use 130s and will be intrigued on your final results, because I had found a solution to the issues I've been facing for ages since Windoze upset things.  But my problems stemmed from using an onboard serial port.  I finally found drivers that fixed the issue.  But perhaps 130s have a quirk that halts the update, as against other higher models.  The 350 for instance has the usb port onboard, so has it's own adapter etc and may have some inherently different coms in the process.  Your issue is exactly what I faced each time, stopped right there.  But my different drivers cured things.  I haven't publicly released them as I don't know for sure, and they were only for onboard ports.  I ended up using W7 and a card on my laptop until I found the drivers that cured the problem on the fixed port. 

Hi,

Yes, I checked the battery voltage value, it's ok. I waited before trying an update again, same result. I got another V130 and I don't know if I should try the update now. What would you do in my place ?

Regards

• MVP 2023
3 hours ago, pananok said:

What would you do in my place ?

If the PLC is new, then I don't see a problem - you should try to update it to the latest version. If problems arise - support will help to eliminate them. If this does not help, you can exchange the PLC.

The main problem is if the PLC is not new (it may have damage caused by poor operating conditions - corrosion or degradation of contacts) , and even worse if it is taken from the OEM machine - because the PLC is made to order from the manufacturer. Then I think there may be some problems related to the protection of copyrights, or with the modified firmware specially for the manufacturer.

I have come across many unitronics PLCs with non-standard stickers and markings that are not found in ordinary Visilogic.

Hi,

I updated my other V130 and it went very well. What's a shame is that my other automaton was working correctly before I made this update. Just put it in the trash.

Thank you for your answers !

Regards

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, pananok said:

What's a shame is that my other automaton was working correctly before I made this update.

I think you can try to reload firmware with 9.8.65 Visilogic or try use clone SD card option for update. 

Hi

I tried with version 9.8.65 same error message. 

I don't really believe it anymore. Or do I have to put the *UOS files ? on the SD for it to work? I tried in root it doesn't work.

• MVP 2023

One question - does the PLC now allow you to enter the information mode by pressing the "i" key? (1111 default password)

If so, then there should be an option to download the firmware in the menu. First, use the Unitronics SD Card Suite utility to format the SD card. On a working PLC, you can save the PLC firmware. The PLC will put it in the appropriate folder on the SD card.

Next, if the information mode is available to you, you can try to download the firmware to the non-working PLC.

1.thumb.jpg.5ecb3f6feb35b92a52665272b3424d2d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d7d434845dd1accbea9e06e95b3236c6.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.72244a95e470d16e9118cb8282bcb782.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.7f9fbbe70bc513ed666f6843c2a19243.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much Kratmel my V130 is operational again! I tried the upload again with v9.9.0 same problem. I am therefore condemned to stay on v9.8.91.

Thank you very much for helping me!