VISION V350-J-TR20 WITH WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 32BIT

Hello. It's a pleasure to be here with you again.

I have doubts about vision v350-j-tr20 and local ethernet network communication and Windows7 professional 32bit PC:

1) Does vision v350-j-tr20 have a rj45 port (EXP PORT), this means that it is already standard to communicate with my pc (windows 7 32 bit) and be able to use the remote operator software on a local ethernet network without having to purchase any additional hardware?

2) Does the remote operator software work on Windows 7 professional 32-bit PC?

What I want is to view my hmi on the PC through the remote operator software on a local TCP/IP ethernet network (no internet, not on the phone).

Do you have to purchase additional hardware?

My vision 350-j-tr20 has a rj45 port (EXP PORT), is this enough?

Always grateful to the yuda.

Regards.

• MVP 2023

Hi,

rj45 port (EXP PORT) - used for I/O expansion connection (NO Ethernet possible for this connector).

You must install add-on Ethernet card to PLC - please read about this in PLC manual.

35 minutes ago, JFS said:

Does the remote operator software work on Windows 7 professional 32-bit PC

Yes.

• Thanks 1

• MVP 2023

The ethernet card is the best method, but if you can't get one then explore the possibilities of using a virtual serial port.  That way you can connect to the plc using what it already has.

Ausman,

I would be grateful for some tutorial or guide on how to create a virtual port in v350.

I will also look for information, but if you have any tutorial explanations, I would also appreciate it.

Greetings and thank you.

Hello again. I need to know how can I communicate with OPLC VISION V350-J-TR20, remote operator v9.8.19 and windows 7 32 bit pc. In my vision v350 I do not have an Ethernet card and my PC in the middle works with a switch for other communications. Is there a possibility of connecting through the RJ12 serial communication port of my vision v350 and at the other end of the cable with RJ45 Ethernet to connect to the PC switch? Or, failing that, how would you do it physically? I have REAL VNC VIEWER downloaded on my PC, could I use it to connect to my vision v350 without an Ethernet card and with a switch in between? Always grateful, greetings and thanks.

• MVP 2023

Search for "ethernet to serial adapter." Any of the devices that are shown will likely come with the virtual serial port software needed to work with the device.  But for me this is only an option if you can't get the add-on ethernet port, which is a much better (and faster) solution.  Either way you need to spend some money. 

I only mentioned it in case of availability issues for the ethernet card.

• Like 2

Hello again.
The best option is to purchase the ethernet card. But all this is derived from the fact that in 6 years we have been replacing our OPLC v350 with small voltage peaks, that is, every 2 years something happens in the OPLCs that are damaged and the screens are turned on blank without any communication (there is no way to enter Bootstrap to be able to update the hardware). If we add the ethernet card on top of that, it means a higher expense every time we replace the OPLC.

We will also try to acquire an S.A.I. so that the voltage spikes do not affect the OPLC or the new ethernet card. What do you think about it?

Thank you for your knowledge and for your help.

• MVP 2023
7 hours ago, JFS said:

We will also try to acquire an S.A.I. so that the voltage spikes do not affect the OPLC or the new ethernet card. What do you think about it?

It is surprising to me to hear about this state of affairs with the replacement of the PLC. I always analyze the circuitry and thermal regime of the devices I use in my designs. As for the V350, more than 40 units have been installed during my entire relationship with Unitronics. No controller returned in 5 years, all work stable.

As for the voltage and the reasons for failure, you need to analyze the system in which the device is installed and the operating conditions of the equipment.

Considering the various failure options of other (Unitronics and non Unitronics )PLCs that I have seen, I can describe the reasons for the increasing frequency of failures:

1) chemical corrosion of boards - installation of the PLC in a humid environment without IP protection.

2) power supply of the circuit from a simple transformer, diode bridge and capacitor - frequent temporary overvoltages of the supply voltage - failure of the internal PLC power supply unit (with industrial power supplies, such failures practically do not happen because they have internal protection against overvoltage at the output);

3) installation of the PLC next to the source of powerful disturbances - frequency converters or transformers;

4) high vibration of the device itself in the installation (installation on compressors or fans with a large imbalance).

5) connecting the PLC to external communication networks without the appropriate recommended isolation - damage through com and ethernet ports.

6) damage due to a lightning strike nearby if there is poor grounding and the presence of non-isolated circuits around the PLC.

7) overheating of the PLC due to the very compact design of the control cabinet, or the PLC is integrated into the design of the machine.

8. the actions of employees who make mistakes during the installation of equipment and accidentally apply high voltage to the low-voltage circuits of the PLC.

Therefore, you can either add to my list for some other reason or check for yourself whether there are similar conditions in your installation.

P.S. I would be interested to analyze the circuit of your PLC that failed and establish the reason why it happened. However, I understand that this is probably impossible at the moment.

• Like 1

Kratmel.

Tell you that of all the incidents you mention, they only have a place:

-My v350 is housed inside an IP66 cabinet but it is true that the cabinet is in a corrosive hydrogen sulfide environment.

-My v350 I don't know how to determine if the power supply is of the non-industrial type.

Given these two situations (the others do not occur) we have decided to install a new cabinet outside where hydrogen sulfide gases are not concentrated, but to correct the voltage peaks I have a doubt:

What is a better solution to replace the power supply with an industrial one with protections at the output or acquire an S.A.I. with those protections of few voltage at the input of the source in alternating current?

I would also like to take the opportunity to ask you the following question:

In the LADDER programming with visilogic to make the call of the IP ethernet card (shocket):

Is it necessary to write it at the beginning of the project or does it work in the same way if I write the configuration at the end of my already created project, in either of the two ways it would work?

Always very grateful for your explanations.

Greetings

• MVP 2023
7 hours ago, JFS said:

Is it necessary to write it at the beginning of the project or does it work in the same way if I write the configuration at the end of my already created project, in either of the two ways it would work?

Best programming practice is to place all initialization and configuration blocks at or near the beginning of the project. That said, why do you even ask this question? It's no more difficult to insert a ladder rung at the beginning of a project than at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MVP 2023

Reading your post, I can draw two conclusions. Being in a corrosive environment is probably the main concern of your controllers. I deal with galvanic production and I solved the problem of controller failure only when a separate ventilated room was allocated for the controllers. We hid those controllers that I couldn't take outside in hermetic plastic cabinets with transparent doors. To change the settings, sealed + - buttons were used for each parameter. This, in my opinion, is the best solution for such a case.

9 hours ago, JFS said:

to correct the voltage peaks I have a doubt

Actually, what voltage peaks are you talking about: 1) fluctuations (peaks) of the voltage at the AC input of the power supply network? 2) voltage peaks on the low-voltage supply voltage of the PLC +24V? 3) voltage peaks at the PLC inputs coming from external sensors, buttons, devices to the PLC inputs? I note that the inputs of this PLC are not isolated from the processor and may cause the entire controller to fail. Therefore, I recommend analyzing your scheme and concluding whether a signal (parasitic high voltage) can come to some input of the PLC through external devices that are also installed in a hydrogen sulfide environment. Maybe the solution to your problem is to use isolating relays for the discrete inputs with a separate isolated supply for the coils of those relays. If analog voltage or current inputs are used, there are also industrial isolating converters for them. That is, to put it briefly - place your controller in "ideal" conditions, isolating from it everything that can harm it.

P.S. If possible, take photos of the faulty controller boards from both sides to analyze whether corrosion is the cause of the failure. Send a diagram of how the inputs of the controller are connected, or list which ones come out of the control cabinet. If you can't do it on the forum - send them to me in a private message and I'll try to advise you something

Kratmel, tell him that there are 2 analog inputs (mA) directly to the PLC and one pulse input (counter) directly to the PLC, the outputs all of them control relay coils (they are isolated). The PLC plates do not seem to be corrosed, but it is true that the copper of the wiring of both inputs and outputs (screed) of the PLC has a sulfated black color, all this will improve when we extract the entire equipment to a cleaner area of gases. Honestly, I think the problem is voltage increases in AC or from the +24v source.

We will first opt to extract the corrosive environment picture and acquire an S.A.I. As a voltage stabilizer in AC input.

We will hold the +24v source, but it's a risk.

Thank you for your understanding, I will inform you. Thank you

• MVP 2023
16 minutes ago, JFS said:

As a voltage stabilizer in AC input.

An interesting question - how can the AC input voltage affect the PLC?

I wrote the point above - this is possible only if the power supply uses a transformer with an output voltage of 24VAC, a diode bridge and a capacitor. This configuration changes the output voltage if the input voltage increases or decreases.

If a pulsed power supply is used, this behavior is possible only when the power supply is faulty.

Please, if possible, post here the model or type of power source used.

• MVP 2023

JFS, Kratmel's observations and your references seem to imply that perhaps a much better power supply to the PLC is needed, along with the other site relocations.  Kratmel rightly asks for your model of supply, but in the meantime do you know about power supplies like this, as some of your comments seem to imply you are using a much simpler control power supply:   

https://www.power-supplies.com.au/MEAN-WELL-DUPS20

This type, being a UPS, also lets your controls  ride through any temporary hiccouphs as well as giving a very stable and suitable controls supply.  You only need the model to match your needs..this is just an example.

• Like 1

Hello again. Here I send a photo of the power supply that powers my v350 and a pdf photo of its technical characteristics.

Is it a source with guarantees against power surges as sufficient security for the v350?

Any information is always very appreciated.

All the best.

image.thumb.jpeg.0eef85150aa667387726bec6a060a229.jpegCapturadepantalla2024-07-24194240.png.63b7e50a4145d57aa17f1ea7454be43e.pngCapturadepantalla2024-07-24194512.png.cd18a8f1d9894655334feaed7bdf79fe.png