How do I update email notification on a V200-18-E1B - UNITRONICS

Hello, I am just the IT guy and need some help. If I am in the wrong forum, Admin's please feel free to delete this post. 

I have a V200-18-E1B - UNITRONICS on site and need to update the sending email account for notifications incase anything goes bad. With the recent changes to Yahoo/Gmail email setup, I can't seem to get the email settings from the touch panel to work. Is there a software I can download to be able to setup the email notifications from a GUI?

I can PING the V200-18-E1B - UNITRONICS panel's IP address from my laptop connected to the same network. 

Software version of the panel is: MCAu2-10901

When I try to update the email settings from the touch screen, there is only a "Server IP". Which I need to enter a SMTP.office365.com as the email server but only able to enter an IP address. 

Any suggestions or point me to the correct forum/help article?

Thanks for any help/reading.

• MVP 2023

Hi there "just the IT guy".   Old Unitronics distributor here. 😄

For a little background, the part number you listed is the IO module for a Vision series PLC.  The actual CPU part number is on the side, but specific one doesn't really matter as they all use common programming software.

The Vision O/S dates back to about 2010, so the email functionality is also from that era.  When Gmail and the rest of the world decided to use SSL for all transactions we got shut out.  I have been told by the developers that re-writing the email function in this series to support SSL is a major task and is not going to happen.

In addition, the touchscreen graphics and variable asking for "Server IP" was created by the application developer.  It is not a canned screen, so there's nothing that can be done to enter an ASCII string without modifying the original code.

We still sell the Vision series but Unitronics' preferred platform these days is the UniStream.  It is much more IoT and network capable.  You would have to replace the existing controller and IO to implement this solution.  If you have the original program (source code) it's not a straight conversion but definitely doable.

There are many clever users on this forum - one of them may offer a better solution.  But from where I'm standing you're out of luck.

Joe T.

• Thanks 1

Joe pretty much got you caught up with stuff.  

My solution was to setup the email to go to a local email server with a forwarding email list.  

Other than that you’re kinda limited unless you want to use an off-brand email server host company.   

I went that route at one point and while it was cheap it took too much time to manage the junk mail.  

• Upvote 1

Many thanks to the replies! I appreciate the guidance. I will move forward with dierkens suggestion on the local email server and forward to folks from there. Have a wonderful day!