V290-19-b20b Changing System Integer 7 Blindly?

Hello,

I had to replace our  V290-19-b20b and the one we received powers up, but unfortunately the monochrome screen is either turned off or the SI7 is set at 0. Does anyone have any step by step procedures with pictures of how to input the factory default password and moving through the system menu to change these settings? If pictures are not available perhaps locations where to touch on the screen to select the correct option.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Neske

Thanks,

So I have found the cable adapter I need and I apologize  I have never  used this software before, but it looks as though  I was able to test the connection and I saw the plc model information. Now I am watching a video from the companies website and it wants me to downlad OS updates, but I keep getting an error after the download has completed stating the 26 files are not found. Is there a way to factory reset this device since it was a used system that I believe has another companies program on it?

• MVP 2023

Hopefully the PLC still boots after the OS update failure.  

The post above that kratmel is referencing describes how to get to Info mode.  You should be able to still read the screen by holding a flashlight up to it.

If the screen is bad, the V290 is obsolete.  You'll have to go to eBay or the surplus market to get a replacement.

Joe T.