Hi richie,

What OPLC type do you use?

Do you use any Snap-in/Expansion Modules?

You need to use shaft encoder and set up properly hardware configuration, then then direction of muvement/rotation will be detected automatically and counter will be incremented/decremented in accordance.

There are examples you will open from Help Menu -> Examples.

It will count up/down according to rotating direction, if:

- You connect Shaft encoder - A & B signals to relevant HSC dedicated inputs (for example A & B ).

- You will set in Hardware Configuration of the project HSC to Shadt encoder x 2 or Shaft encoder x 4.

It will count up/down according to rotating direction, if:

- You connect Shaft encoder - A & B signals to relevant HSC dedicated inputs (for example A & B ).

- You will set in Hardware Configuration of the project HSC to Shadt encoder x 2 or Shaft encoder x 4.

THANKS I HAD THE INPUT SET UP FOR HIGH SPEED COUNTER . WHEN I CHANGED IT TO SHAFT ENCODER X2 IT COUNTED UP AND DOWN. MY ENCODER ONLY HAS A (A SIGNAL) WILL IT BE OK TO USE SHAFT ENCODER X 2 FOR THIS ?

Hi,

If your encoder supports A & B signals (I hope so) you can select in Hardware configuration HSC as” Shaft encoder x2” or "Shaft encoder x4”.

The first option – PLC counts the rising edges of A & B signals. In the second (x4) both rising and falling edges of A & B.