Need to use more than 4 Ethernet Sockets V130

Socket 0 is TCP Port 23 Master, Socket 1 is TCP Port 20256 Slave, Socket 2 is HTTP Port 80, and Socket 3 is TCP Port 2000. I cannot us a CONNECT with Socket 1 because I am expecting data to come at anytime from a remote PC that will send data to upto 167 different Unitronics V130 PLCs. Obviously I cannot us Socket 2 for anything other than my web server. I have tried to have a card reader connect/close on Socket 0 and remote data come in on Socket 1, but it seems to not be port dependant.

You can perform at any time Socket Init with different settings. This way you can switch communication between devices.

It seems you can use Socket 1, which is Master and you can connect/disconnect it to communicate withh diferent devices.

Is Socket 3 Master or Slave? If it's Master, you can use it absolutelly the same way - to Connect ot a device, exchange data, disconnect and then connect to the next device.

What are the ptorocols used by devices connected to Socket 1 and Socket 3? What are the devices, which in this scheme are remaing not connected? What arethe protocols they are using?

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have to make sure. There is absolutely no way to have more than 4 sockets on the V130, via an addon card or something?

I'm already doing multiplexing. 

There are only 4 sockets on the V130.  The V700 has 8 sockets, and the UniStream can handle dozens of port connections.  The V130 will only contain 4 sockets though.

• MVP 2023

I'm using  V1210 (also only has 4 sockets) to connect to 12 different remote PLCs using MODBUS TCP using only a single socket. You simply re-initialize the IP Configuration FB with the new IP Address, Re-connect the Socket, perform the communications, Close the Socket, then index to the next PLC and repeat. I allow 2 seconds for the entire process for each PLC to complete. Perhaps it could be performed more quickly, but this has been extremely reliable.

The problem is that the additional sockets I need are to be configured as server so another device can reliably connect to the V130 at any time. Multiplexing a server socket would mean that every connection must be short, and that the other device has to "pray the lord" the socket is available.

Looks like the V700 is the way to go, thanks!