Different hardware configurations

Hi Folks

We have developed a program for a vision series controller that controls a machine.

These machines come in various sizes.

I would really like to have one program, with the first display when the unit is firstly powered up being a selection of the machine size.

This part I can do.

However larger machines have more I/O.

Is there any way I can give a different hardware configuration based on options selected on this initial screen.

I assume that if the configuration does not match there will be a problem with the program even if these I/O are not being used in the program.

I can probably do this if I send an SD card with the unit with the different programs installed on it so the user can clone the correct machine size program from the card, but it would be better if this was just an option to select from a display.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Denis

Hi,

It seems trhat you can have much more problems with one universal program than with number of separate versions.

It will be good to know your configurations, model of OPLC, periferal modules, snap-ins etc.

Then advice will be more specific.

BR

Hi,

It seems trhat you can have much more problems with one universal program than with number of separate versions.

It will be good to know your configurations, model of OPLC, periferal modules, snap-ins etc.

Then advice will be more specific.

BR

Hi Alex

We normally use a V1040 unit.

For a small unit we need a E6B snap in unit + DI8RO8 + 2 x ATC8

For the larger units we need a E6B snap in unit + 2 x DI8RO8 + 2 x ATC8 + AI4-AO2

I was hoping that we would not have to install the additional hardware on units if it was not required.

Having more than 1 program would not be a problem but we prefer to send out the units with the program installed.

Regards

Denis

• MVP 2023

If it's just more I/O, configure the program with the maximum number of modules you anticipate having. If there are fewer, the program will not complain or cause an error. Just make sure the configurations are identical with the exception of the number of modules. This is one of the nice advantages of Unitronics PLCs.

If it's just more I/O, configure the program with the maximum number of modules you anticipate having. If there are fewer, the program will not complain or cause an error. Just make sure the configurations are identical with the exception of the number of modules. This is one of the nice advantages of Unitronics PLCs.

Thanks Flex

I was hoping I could do this, but I was sure the program would fail if the actual configuration did not match exactly the programmed configuration.

Surely though there must be some limits to this as to the way inputs and outputs are addressed?

Do I need to have the interchangeable modules at the end of the line so that the programmed outputs match the actual.

Regards

Denis