HMI buttons

Flex727

• MVP 2023

Still a bit new to UniLogic and I'm having some difficulty with a few simple items when building HMI screens. In VisiLogic on the V570, buttons have a very nice 3D effect and can look "pressed" or "unpressed". When using UniLogic on a UniStream 7, buttons look flat always. Am I overlooking something? I recognize there are 4 different button styles, but none of them appear very 3D and there doesn't seem to be an option to make any button appear "pressed".

Also, in VisiLogic, any type of text element, such as Binary Text Switch can be made to look like a button. All Binary Text Switch in UniLogic appear totally flat, as best as I can tell.

I am using the latest version of UniLogic (1.12.20), upgraded the UniStream 7 to the latest firmware, and my PC is 64-bit Windows 7.

Still a bit new to UniLogic and I'm having some difficulty with a few simple items when building HMI screens. In VisiLogic on the V570, buttons have a very nice 3D effect and can look "pressed" or "unpressed". When using UniLogic on a UniStream 7, buttons look flat always. Am I overlooking something? I recognize there are 4 different button styles, but none of them appear very 3D and there doesn't seem to be an option to make any button appear "pressed".

Also, in VisiLogic, any type of text element, such as Binary Text Switch can be made to look like a button. All Binary Text Switch in UniLogic appear totally flat, as best as I can tell.

I am using the latest version of UniLogic (1.12.20), upgraded the UniStream 7 to the latest firmware, and my PC is 64-bit Windows 7.

You need to use the binary image variables. You can find very nice switches in the library.

• MVP 2023

Thanks, HigHTech. I'm looking for standard pushbuttons like you see in VisiLogic that need to have text on them. I don't really want to edit image files to add text for this purpose. Are you telling me there is no way for a Binary Text Switch to have a 3D button appearance in UniLogic?

Thanks, HigHTech. I'm looking for standard pushbuttons like you see in VisiLogic that need to have text on them. I don't really want to edit image files to add text for this purpose. Are you telling me there is no way for a Binary Text Switch to have a 3D button appearance in UniLogic?

I make my self the same question almost a year ago. Then I started to see Unistream and Unilogic like a new product and started from cero. Just after that I find the advantages of this great product.

Check the type of displays I can create with Unistream. I am using images, and some text but not to look like buttons. I think my images are better.

• 2 weeks later...

UniLogic does have the ability to layer multiple images/elements on the HMI display. This would allow you to place a binary text element on top of a binary image, which would hopefully work for your application. You would only need to ensure that the items are layered as desired from front to back.

• Upvote 1