Output Window -- can't resize.

• MVP 2023

Hi all,

9.7.55   - 0   on Win 7 Hm Prem 32, admin run and installed.

Needed more screen space to view the ladder, but also had to have the Output Window so I detached it.  I can't resize it at all once it is detached. I can drag it around, but not resize it.  Resize pointer marks come up, but can't do it.  Bug?

cheers,

Aus

What are you trying to re-size, each individual ladder rung? Is it already at the maximum size or is it still at the default? Please know that each rung can only be made larger through using the yellow arrows to increase the rung height. The rung length is fixed and cannot be expanded.

Can you provide a screen shot of what you are trying to accomplish?

• MVP 2023

Thanks Alexander,

I can't do screen shots that show this easily at present as I only have my small screen device with me.  However, if you click on View/Output Window it will hide/bring up the window in question.  Once detached, no resize functions work at all, yet the mouse icons change appropriately.  Hope this is enough info.  If not, I can do screen shots in a few days.

cheers,

Aus

• MVP 2023

Thanks Alexander,

Can the creators please have a look at rectifying this issue...it can't be too hard.  It is a bit pointless being able to detach it, then not being able to manipulate it's size to suit your desktop layout, or make it large for a big watch setup, when it keeps on reverting to only 7 lines.

Cheers,

Aus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • MVP 2023

@Cara Bereck Levy  @Saragani I'm also wondering same as Kroska's ask.  I had simply forgotten about this ask of mine as I had just got used to it not working properly so didn't use it.

I played again tonight on my main 2 screen system and it is still the same.  Using 2 monitors displays all sorts of odd behaviour with the mouse only active on the main screen.  The real irony is twofold in that the detached explorer window works correctly....but only on the main screen.  If you want it on your second screen you have to make it large enough to show what you want on the second screen by sizing it on the main screen, then drag it over allowing that the mouse pointer  will keep on moving, but the associated mouse action  will stop when you leave the main screen.  However, if you do a save with the explorer window detached, then close and reopen, the explorer window then works correctly.  Alas, this doesn't make any difference to the detached output window.  It stubbornly remains the same unusable thing.

cheers, Aus