• MVP 2023

I'm sure someone from Unitronics will come along and answer this definitively, but the rule of thumb I use is most of the PLCs will run on any voltage between about 10 and 26 (the spec says 12/24), unless they have I/O. Any I/O needs 24 volts. The V130-33-B1 will happily run on 12V, but all the other V130 models need 24V since they have onboard I/O.

I'm sure someone from Unitronics will come along and answer this definitively, but the rule of thumb I use is most of the PLCs will run on any voltage between about 10 and 26 (the spec says 12/24), unless they have I/O. Any I/O needs 24 volts. The V130-33-B1 will happily run on 12V, but all the other V130 models need 24V since they have onboard I/O.

Yes but we will require PWM outputs in order to control the RPM of the motors. Inputs are not required. My handheld V350 will send communication messages to the v130 in the plane with the help of xbee communication module in order to control the RPM of motors.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I would look more into a micro controller solution for running an RC aircraft.  Something like a decent arduino board or propeller (seems appropriate doesn't it) setup. 

They run on lower voltages, they are significantly lighter in terms of actual weight (always important when you're talking things that fly), they will allow you to interface readily with many off the shelf solutions like GPS, wireless communications, etc.