Calibration of touchscreen problem.

Off-topic, but I just replaced the screen on my phone which broke a couple of days ago, and I am very disappointed with the quality 😂.

buying Chinese spare parts is always a gamble, you don't know what you bought until you put back everything together again... I mean it works kind of ok but the brightness is like 75% of the original, and the tolerances are in the frame are not ideal...I mean the front camera is not perfectly at the center and it's driving me crazy 😂😂😋.

But whatever I gave at least 6 months of life to a perfectly functioning electronic device, and I am keeping some electronic waste out of the landfills I guess 🤔

On 5/27/2022 at 9:56 PM, kratmel said:

Unfortunately, I do not have your version of the V350-35-RA22 on the table.

I have two PLCs with indexes B1 and TR20. I disassembled them and found that both have exactly the same adapter board marked V350-L3 to which the display, touchscreen and keyboard are connected. I specifically rearranged the front panel with this board between the two PLCs. It turned out that both work fine and the touch screen does its job quite accurately, even without the calibration.

Therefore, I think that TA24 and PA22 also have interchangeable front panels with the same adapter board marked V350-L3 . You can find this adapter board in your PLC.

And strangely enough, I found a sensor for the V350-35-RA22 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234546481390?hash=item369c0f48ee:g:ipoAAOSwaDtienKu

Surprisingly, the seller of this touch screen offers the same for all other PLCs of the V350 series (foto is the same)

However at such high price I think that to buy the PLC offered by you it is safer and result of repair will be guaranteed (only front panel with adapter board must to be replaced) .

You are a very big help! Thank you so much the effort! So I guess I will chose the whole PLC from Israel. Maybe after I repair mine I can sell the other spare parts for cheep on e-bay to get some money back.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:56 PM, kratmel said:

Unfortunately, I do not have your version of the V350-35-RA22 on the table.

I have two PLCs with indexes B1 and TR20. I disassembled them and found that both have exactly the same adapter board marked V350-L3 to which the display, touchscreen and keyboard are connected. I specifically rearranged the front panel with this board between the two PLCs. It turned out that both work fine and the touch screen does its job quite accurately, even without the calibration.

Therefore, I think that TA24 and PA22 also have interchangeable front panels with the same adapter board marked V350-L3 . You can find this adapter board in your PLC.

And strangely enough, I found a sensor for the V350-35-RA22 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234546481390?hash=item369c0f48ee:g:ipoAAOSwaDtienKu

Surprisingly, the seller of this touch screen offers the same for all other PLCs of the V350 series (foto is the same)

However at such high price I think that to buy the PLC offered by you it is safer and result of repair will be guaranteed (only front panel with adapter board must to be replaced) .

Hi all. I just wanted to thank you again that I could find useful help here. I got the V350 from the e-bay which I used as a donor to fix mine. It had to be calibrated but after that, everything went just fine and smooth. Working perfectly!

• 9 months later...
On 5/26/2022 at 7:22 PM, ZoltanBoros said:

I tried to use the calibrating mode (switch on-touch the screen - wait to the counter - touch again) and the little yellow squares appears, I touch them but the process does not want to stop. I keep touching, the square dissapears and appears on the next corner but it never ends.

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem, the calibration process seems to be infinite, I keep pressing the little yellow squares but nothing happens and I don't have and ESC button on the screen. I'm not a technical guy I'm just using the screen that is installed on an ozone generator and the calibration seems to be messed up since all the buttons 'seem to be shifted from their original position. Thank you a lot for your help !

• 6 months later...

Hello, 

I am coming back on this topic because the two screens I tried on my Samba70 don't work.

When I touch a button, another one is pressed and I don't get it, because the coordinates (SI40-41) seem good.. I made my finger follow  the edges and coordinates were following well.

Could somebody help me please ? 

Hello, thanks for your response and sorry for the mistake :

It seems that X and Y coordinates are inversed ( I didn't notice...)

This is a replacement one, and it looks like one of the middle wire is going on the other edge. 

The original sensor doesn't work, it's been broken after a lot of uses.. but I still have it to compare and understand.  

• MVP 2023

You can compare the original and the replacement and try to change the direction of the wires.

It is difficult, but possible. It is necessary to solder thin wires to the sensor and to the board near the connector. I've done this many times, but in your case you need some soldering skills and if you don't have them, contact a professional.

If you manage to get the replacement sensor to work, tell us about it on the forum. I and other users will be interested to know the brand (link to the place where you bought the replacement) and the changed wiring diagram for connecting the non-original sensor. A photo of the markings and diagrams for changing the direction of the wires would also be useful.

P.S. Everything you do with your PLC is a risk, so you should be aware of the consequences of using non-original equipment.

• Like 1