Calibration of touchscreen problem.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have a problem with vision 1210, I can't calibrate the touchscree, I don't know how  access to menu de calibration. I see only this instructions

1-      Verify that the PLC is standalone (No I/O) on your desk and without any protective cover on the touchscreen.

2-      Check that the PLC is clean and also when it's OFF try to search any object (Dirt, Dust ) between the behind the touchscreen.

3-      Power ON, Touch the display and check the values SI40,SI41 - When the touch screen is not pressed, SI40 and SI41 equals to -1:

If the values are not equals to -1, please clean the screen and remove the screen protector (if there is any).

image.png.90f661857b9407d07d92545cc2af643b.png

4-      SB74 takes care to save calibration points to the EPROM.

Please Try to calibrate the touchscreen using a stylus pen as follows:

·         When the PLC is connected, go to on-line mode (F9)

·         Go to SB74 and press on "set", SB74 will rise to 1

image.thumb.png.8a24ac936bac758c34837e6dcdfc3b49.png

·       Now, go to SB73 and press on "set", calibration cursor will appear in the PLC's display.

image.thumb.png.69b68b36204c4393310f906516e372cc.png

• MVP 2021
1 hour ago, Daag said:

I don't know how  access to menu de calibration. I see only this instructions

With the PLC powered up, touch the touchscreen in an area with no HMI elements and hold the touch for at least 4 seconds. You will then be presented with the option to go into INFO Mode, or calibrating the touchscreen. Choose calibrate the touchscreen and touch the boxes that pop up. When complete, press the ESC button to return to the operating system.

• 2 years later...

I had a Vision 1040 controller go to info mode automatically. Brand new controller. When I tried to calibrate, it seemed like the touchscreen wasn't working/responding. Turns out it was the plastic screen protector. Once I removed that, I was able to calibrate the screen. Issue resolved. 

• MVP 2021

Normally the plastic screen protector does not interfere with calibration or the touch property of the screen. I normally don't remove it. However, I have had an occasion where there was a particle trapped under the protector which was registering as a touch. Since these screens are single touch (not multi-touch like your phone) the screen appeared to be non-responsive. Obviously, removing the protector fixed the problem.