Having an issue sending emails using the V350-35-R34.

So I just want to preface this all by saying that I am very new to PLC programming and I'm currently trying to self-learn it for work. My current puzzle is that I want to send emails to a select email address when there is an fault in the system that the PLC is connected to, but right now I can't figure out how to send an email at all.
I've looked at the help setup for doing this and I've plugged in most of the information that is pertinent but I'm running into two issues, I don't know how to test it and I'm not sure if the IP addresses and all that are correct. I'm currently working on a laptop that is wirelessly connected to the internet and the PLC is connected to power and then directly to the computer. What other connectors do I need in order to enable the PLC to send the emails and is an ethernet card required to do so?

Sorry if this is all super basic, it's been very hard to find any kind of information on this and most of the things that I find dealing with the internet/PLC interaction have more to do with changing the program remotely than actually sending emails/information like I'm trying to.

Thanks for your time,

-Chris

@Flex727 So I guess I have a few followup questions if that's okay, just so I understand  its functionality.

The PLC needs to be configured to a non-encrypted email address, but any email address (gmail, hotmail, etc...) can receive it right?

The program that you just sent has the HMI set up and all of that, but what I'm looking for would be more for an automatic send when certain triggers are hit, the basis of the program will still work fine I just have to cut out the part that actually does the email sending and add my own information?

Would having multiple of these email logics take up too much space on the PLC? From my understand so far I'll need about 3 separate emails.

Thanks for the responses.

• MVP 2023

3 minutes ago, C_R_PLC said:

The PLC needs to be configured to a non-encrypted email address, but any email address (gmail, hotmail, etc...) can receive it right?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, C_R_PLC said:

but what I'm looking for would be more for an automatic send when certain triggers are hit,

Use your trigger instead of the HMI trigger in the logic of Joe's program.

4 minutes ago, C_R_PLC said:

Would having multiple of these email logics take up too much space on the PLC? From my understand so far I'll need about 3 separate emails.

Everything in the email function block can be indirect addressing or hard coded - your choice. Any number of different emails, recipients, etc can be sent using a single email function block using indirect addressing.

• Like 1