BOTTLES PER MINUTE COUNTER

Hey Guys,

I am looking to put a bottles per minute counter on a JZ10-11-T40 and link it to the display, it will be activated by a sensor on a conveyer wired to an input, could someone help me with the program, I have looked for a similar program on the sample U90 projects but can't find one,

THANKS

Steven

• MVP 2023

I've got a fair amount of experience counting bottles. Before you dive into this, consider the following questions:

1. Do the dimensions of the bottle you're counting ever change?

2. Where on the bottle are you sensing it?

3. What kind of sensor are you using?

4. Are the bottles spaced apart or right next to each other as they move down the line?

5. Is it possible for the sensor to give more than one pulse per bottle?

6. How long is the pulse length? How short will it get when the line is cranked up?

7. What is the bottle material and/or color?

As you can probably guess, these questions came about from implementing an application that took several revisions to get working right. If you're using a photoeye, don't believe the vendor when they assure you that it will work. Bottles can be a pain in the butt to count unless they're always the same size and they're made out of opaque plastic. Even then sensor alignment can get critical. This is one of the applications where an oscilloscope on the sensor output can be extremely handy.

Answer the above questions and we can get started.

Joe T.

I'm looking "pure" on programming side. This means - you already have "ideal" sensor, giving you signal when each bottle passes.

How many bottle will pass per minute? In fact, I need ot know pulses per second. Then - you can use HSC of Jazzz, or 2.5 ms interrupt or just counting in Ladder.

In any case the application is very easy. To receive "bottles per minute" number, check SI30 - RTC clock - seconds and when it's 0 - set a bit. Positive transition pulse of theis bit will will store counter's value to "buffer" and will re3set the counter.

Hello ,i have a similar aplication and my idea is to use JZ10-11-R10.Fast everything is clear. My queastation is how to store the counted integer value after switching off the power suply.

By the power up i need to have the last counted value stored inside the PLC .For Vision PLC is clear ,but i don't now what is the solution for JAZZ ?

Thanks for your comments guys,

Maxium speed of the production line is 400 bottles per minute and sensor type or bottle sizes should not matter, its just 400 pulses per minute at maxium speed,I will take care of the sensor, there will be a gap in the bottles, all I am interested in the program side of it. I am new to PLC programming but understand the basics of Ladder, is it posible to put the program on the web site so I could study it,

Also, Is there any Unitronic's courses online that i could do to further my learning,

Thanks for your help,

Steven

Hi Steven,

In order to create the counter you want all you need to do is to connect to sensor to input HSI0, then go to Hardware Configuration > HSI, and assign an MI to the counter of that input.

This MI will hold the number of pulses.

Regarding online courses, you can find on-line presentations & Recorded Webinar Sessions in Unitronics' website under Support.

Once in a while we give new webinars. You can see them under News & Events.