In what processor UniStream use?

korenje

• MVP 2023

I can't resist the temptation to chime in on this one.  First, let us refer to my rant from last year on this very topic.....

http://forum.unitronics.com/topic/4459-a-rant-about-the-cost-of-things/?do=findComment&comment=16304

@korenje - Judging from the location of the post you are talking about the UniStream platform.  I agree with your position that they are expensive.  They are, depending on what you need your controller to do.

If you just need a PLC and a screen, the Samba is totally the way to go for less than half the price. 

A UniStream is two controllers - a Linux box running the panel with another CPU module dedicated to the logic.  The IoT champions of the world have been screaming for computer-like behavior from a machine controller, and the Unistream does that by marrying a computer with a monitor to a controller.  

Don't compare our stuff to a cell phone.  Those are manufactured by the millions and sold at WalMart.

Joe T.

So is that another CPU that handles logic FPGA or x86 or PIC microcontroller? that was my primary question.

I am wondering if you got complicated ladder if it will simultaneously trigger all outputs as they were drawn on the ladder in 1 cycle time.