I have outgrown the Jazz2 and wanting to upgrade to a Vision 130. The Jazz2 Ladder program has become fairly complex over years of development and upgrades.

I have only moderate programming skill. Can the Jazz2 Ladder program be easily converted to run on the Vision 130?

I realize the the HMI screens would all have to be created for the Vision but could the core ladder program just be copied and pasted?

Are the System bits of the Jazz2 compatible with the Vision series  or would they need to be cross referenced and changed?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• MVP 2023

You've hit the Jazz Wall.  I've done it a handful of times with my customers.

Unfortunately the Jazz logic can not just be pasted into Visilogic.  Most of the system bits are the same, but it does depend on what they are.  

You're just going to have to have a copy of U90 open on one computer or screen and a copy of Visilogic open on another, and enter each rung.  You'll be able to improve many of the Jazz rungs as you go to Vision.

Have fun.

Joe T.

Thanks for the reply.

Before I hit go on the new Vision PLC, can you confirm whether or not the Vision series PLC is able to maintain connection with more than one ethernet Ip address or client?

I currently have the Jazz2 with ethernet adapter connected as a server in a Wifi local area network. The PLC is controlled and monitored with an android HMI app on a mobile device. The problem is the Jazz2 only supports 1 connection. So if an operator is controlling the machine with the HMI app, no one else can monitor the machine or receive alarms.

I would like to have more than one connection to the PLC and hope the Vision series is capable.

Thanks,

Rob

• MVP 2023

The V130 has four sockets.  Socket 1 defaults to port 20256, which is what the app uses.  You can initialize the other three to TCP slave connections, but each has to have a unique port number.  This means four things can communicate with it over Ethernet simultaneously but each thing needs to use a different port. 

The only Vision that has more is the V700, which has eight.  UniStream does not have this limitation.

Joe T.