Run as Admin - VisiLogic 9.8.65 Build 0

Hello,

I've tried to search on all forums, but the closest article was this one - which didn't help me to find a workaround

http://forum.unitronics.com/topic/5254-admin-users-in-unilogic/?tab=comments#comment-20148

I am from IT department and one of our sales person need to install VisiLogic on his computer to help a customer how to use our products.

I couldn't find a way to run the software without elevation, it is worling only with Admin rights. I am from IT department, I 've tried in different computers

I also installed on my computer and tried with a non-admin login, didn't work.

Am I missing any step on the installation?

11 hours ago, Cam said:

Right click on the exe file.

Properties

then look at the compatibility tab

there should be a check box for run as administrator.  Check it and you will still have to select to apply it for all users.  

Thanks for your suggestion, Cam.

I've tried to check this option first and then for all users. Both options had no change on the behavior, when I double click on the .exe to open the application, it requires the admin password.

Any other?

One of the reasons that your settings could not be save - It's sounds like you are using a basic user credentials.

Contact your IT or an IT person which will define you an administrator credentials to have the ability of add/remove/change system settings. 

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, NahumS said:

One of the reasons that your settings could not be save - It's sounds like you are using a basic user credentials.

Contact your IT or an IT person which will define you an administrator credentials to have the ability of add/remove/change system settings. 

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help, NahumS.

I am from IT department and according to our internal policy, this is not an option.
I cannot give a sales user Admin rights on his computer.

That's the reason I need help ?

• 4 months later...
  • MVP 2023
9 minutes ago, CarlosMDC said:

Any update on this issue?

This is a user forum. While Unitronics employees occasionally weigh in, this forum is mostly populated by users who are not directly affiliated with Unitronics. I recommend that you send an email to support@unitronics.com to get an answer directly from the source.

• Like 1