EX-RC1 with I/O modules communication

Hello every one!

I wanna say thanks in advance for your help. I'm working on a project with a v1040 OPLC with EX-RC1, 4 IO-ATC8 and 1 IO-AO6X. The problem I have is with the communication trough the modules. I can see the temperature inputs (TC tybe J) on the module 0 (the first one after the EX-RC1), but the next modules (from 1 to 4) look like they aren't communicated with de OPLC. 

They are connected this way: EX-RC1 -- IO-ATC8 -- IO-ATC8 -- IO-ATC8 -- IO-AO6X -- IO-ATC8.

The inputs are: 24 T/C type J (modules 0 to 2); 3 analog 4-20mA (module 4)

The outputs are: 3 analog 0-20mA (module 3)

I can read the inputs on the first IO module after de comm module. Could you help with this situation please?

Here are the codes I'm working with in case you need it.

Thanks a lot!

P796 - EX-RC1_Hospital.vlp

P796 - PLC for EX-RC1_Hospital.vlp

• MVP 2023

I'd initially check that you have power properly onto the AO6, and that all the connectors b/n the various modules are correctly in place.  What happens if you move the modules around, or progressively connect them.  Personally I've have put the AO6 at the end of the line.

The other thing may be that you are wanting to do things too fast.  The modules take time to collect info.  If the first suggestions don't do anything, consider changing your unican comms to space it out a bit.

cheers, Aus

Hi Ausman, 

Thank you for your answer!

2 hours ago, Ausman said:

check that you have power properly onto the AO6, and that all the connectors b/n the various modules are correctly in place

Already checked, it's ok. 

Personally I've have put the AO6 at the end of the line

It was at the end of the line, the thing is that these entries aren't wired, the client I'm working for asked me to configure an ATC8 module after the AO6 for future entries.

consider changing your unican comms to space it out a bit

Sorry for the question, but I didn't understand, could you explain it to me?

• MVP 2023

Your Send block in Net 8 of the IN routine is configured to only send 8 registers - hence only the first ATC8 module's data.  I changed it to 16.

A Send can only handle 16 registers, but there's no rule that you can't have more than one Send block, so I added a second one for the third module.

I see you left the Send block in from the example, which collects the non-existent digital inputs and places them into MI 2000.  You don't need this Send or the Struct, so I disabled them.  Feel free to delete these nets from the Example if your application is working.

UniCAN can be confusing.  Go through all the Help again to get a better understanding of it. 

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to add the third ATC 8 module.

Joe T.

P796-EX-RC1_Hospital JT.vlp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Your Send block in Net 8 of the IN routine is configured to only send 8 registers - hence only the first ATC8 module's data.  I changed it to 16.

A Send can only handle 16 registers, but there's no rule that you can't have more than one Send block, so I added a second one for the third module.

I see you left the Send block in from the example, which collects the non-existent digital inputs and places them into MI 2000.  You don't need this Send or the Struct, so I disabled them.  Feel free to delete these nets from the Example if your application is working.

UniCAN can be confusing.  Go through all the Help again to get a better understanding of it. 

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to add the third ATC 8 module.

Joe T.

P796-EX-RC1_Hospital JT.vlp

Joe,

You have no idea how thankful I am. I'm gonna check it and add the third module. 

6 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Feel free to delete these nets from the Example if your application is working.

Thanks for the advice, like this is my first time with Unitronics I didn't want to change many things from the example.

I'll keep updating my progress, thanks again!