RFID Tag Reader

jeepers52002

I stumbled across a PDF document for use with some type of Demo setup that Unitronics has that included mention of an RFID reader.

Has anyone used an RFID tag reader with the UniLogic PLC?  If so, can you share which reader you used and any road blocks you might have encountered along the way?

I'd like to implement one for door access on a smart home project.

Thanks!

• MVP 2023

I have one of those demo cases.

This is the RFID reader it uses-

https://www.promageurope.com/products/rfid-readers-and-writers/rfid-readers-20cm-gp20-30cm-gp30.htm

It sends the data to a V700 via ethernet.  I'd ask Unitronics at support@unitronics.com for the UniStream Demo Case V700 program to get sample code.

Joe T.

19 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

I have one of those demo cases.

This is the RFID reader it uses-

https://www.promageurope.com/products/rfid-readers-and-writers/rfid-readers-20cm-gp20-30cm-gp30.htm

It sends the data to a V700 via ethernet.  I'd ask Unitronics at support@unitronics.com for the UniStream Demo Case V700 program to get sample code.

Joe T.

Awesome!  Thanks Joe!

• MVP 2023

I realized you are asking about running an RFID reader into a UniStream.  I looked at the V700 demo program and it's reading data from the RFID reader as UDP RAW data.

Vision is very different from UniStream on how it interfaces to external devices.

Getting back to your question, I have connected barcode readers to a UniStream using RS232 and it wasn't much trouble.  I did have to get an RS232 com module for for the UniStream.  

So probably the next thing to do is for you to pick out an RFID reader and we'll help from there.

Joe T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...