Update firmware on USC-B5-RA28 does not work

Vicente

Received PLC with USC-B5-RA28, I am trying to connect with it and I don't know how. Recorded on a USB the update of the firmware but before connecting the PLC after a while with the orange color in EXECUTE it starts to flash and the ERROR LED appears in red, it does not recognize the USB either.

I do not know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

You may be new, but I spent half an hour last night trying to figure out why my new Brick (what I and others call the PLC product) kept telling me it wanted an SD card on the VNC client when I just put a new one in.

Then I tried reading it with an adapter on my computer and it made the Windows "ching - happy bell" noise but wouldn't read.  Then I tried re-inserting it in the adapter.  Four times.

Then I got another new micro SD card and put it in.  The problem went away.

The moral of the story is you are not the first to get bit by defective removable media.  Nor will you be the last.  It's something we all need to keep in mind.

Joe T.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hola Joe

Estoy teniendo un problema parecido con con el PLC USC-B10-RA28 trato de actualizarlo con un pendrive de 8 GB (en realidad e intentado con mas de 5 pendrive diferentes) y cuando lo pongo en el PLC y trato de actualizar, da error(update failed due to unknown error). Soy novato en esto. que puedo hacer?

gracias de antemano.