Can't connect to panel.

TozoM8

We acquired a machine from one of our plant and it has a USP-070-B10-XR1 with a USC-P-B10 cpu. No inputs or outputs. They've never used it. I am trying to connect to it with no luck. The panel's IP is 10.1.10.220 SM 255.255.255.0 DG 10.1.10.3.  I am using a usb to network adapter (no rj45 on my laptop) that works fine on all my vision plcs. If I try to change the panel's IP to 192.168.001.002 as recommended (that's what I use on my v1210s direct connection)  it says illegal panel IP settings, please enter valid IP settings. What gives?

Yes. I've tried to set it up as I do with visilogic. The USB doesn't work because windows thinks it is a serial converter. When I tried to update the driver windows said it has the best driver for it.  This is on windows 10 MS surface. When I do it on my windows 7 (Mac with windows on it) same problem with Ethernet. Windows 7 doesn't have the driver for the USB. I need to find it somewhere and install it. I've been using this Mac with windows on it for 7-8 years without problems. 

• MVP 2023
22 hours ago, TozoM8 said:

windows thinks it is a serial converter

It is, (edit not exactly, Windoze calls it this incorrectly).  Perhaps install the native usb driver in Visilogic as the default, over-riding Windoze's info,  and try again.   So many things these days that appear usb aren't, they are serial with an inbuilt converter.  There are myriad references on the forum to correct drivers etc.

edit, sorry, left a bit out.  After putting the driver in with Visi, try it on some Vision units to see if it works.   It might be a hiccouph in  your virtual system that is upsetting things....not the driver.

cheers, Aus

In visilogic the usb cable that came with the v1210 works, I also use a usb to serial converter for the v1210 port 1 and 2 and that works also. I use a ugreen usb to Ethernet converter on the v1210 and that works also. When I try to use the Unitronics usb cable with unilogic that's when it doesn't work. Same with the ugreen Ethernet converter, it doesn't work for unilogic only for visilogic. 

• MVP 2023

Tozo, just ensuring that you have gone through everything in the help files.

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/Download/SoftwareHelp/UniLogic_Knowledgebase/index.htm#Getting_Started_With_UniLogic/Welcome_to_UniLogic.htm

Comms/Windows USB drivers which brings up a raft of info under the header Windows USB Driver Installation.

Also, me not being a Unistream user, is there a System Bit/Integer/Thingamebob that works the same way as  SB314 in Vision?  I can't find any references in Help, but perhaps such a thing exists?

cheers, Aus