Compare project file to online program Visilogic

Hi,

Great day! 

I'm basically new to Unitronics product and would like to ask something, by the way, I already had one project download and modified the program, fortunately all working fine now.

I got another inquiry for modification of a V570 series. The client can hand me over the project file, but not sure if its the same with the online program. Is there anyway that a project file can be compared to an online program, assuming there's no way for me to upload the online program ? Or is there anyway that I can only download a piece of routine only, not the whole program?

Apology if I went straight to this forum to ask about this. I would appreciate if you can shed me light, as my client is too urgent in this matter.

Regards,

kvj

• MVP 2023

Sadly, to my knowledge there is no way to do this sort of comparison with the Enhanced Vision PLCs. You also will not be able to upload the program from the PLC to your computer unless the program was specifically downloaded into the PLC with that option enabled (it's disabled by default). Also, there is no provision for uploading or downloading only a piece of the PLC project.

Thanks for the info.

How I wish they have this comparison tool and option to download piece of item like routine, as they have a feature CANNOT  UPLOAD from the unit.

The system is control and I can only depend on the backup file, and they are asking for modification. Anyway to at least tell these online/offline routine are different ?

Regards,

• 1 month later...

Hi KVJ

When you have a situation like this where you do not know if the program is the same and if you do a download there is no way to go back you should consider the following.

A V570 PLC is not a very expensive unit. If you convince your customer to invest in a spare unit, you can try the new program in that unit and see if it behaves as expected.

If it does not work, just put the old PLC back.

Regards

Denis

Hi Denis,

First off,  thanks to Flex for replying the same inquiry on my other post.

Brilliant idea Denis, that can be a good option. Yes, I had earlier experienced scope to download the program only to a new system, ended up modifying around 50% of the program.

Appreciated much.

Thanks.

Regards,

kvj

This may mean that used to download project VisiLogic version is different from one you use now.

Check online what are firmware versions at PLC.

*If you have number of projects, or multiple copies of the same project, or even one project you eventually touch - it is preferred to use the same VisiLogic version you used last time to download working version of project to PLC.

B.R.