Problemas de Comunicación, V130 J R34

Hola, tengo un problema en comunicar por RS485 PLC V130, realice la configuración del software para que sea esclavo con los baudios, Id, etc.,  también cambie los jumper dentro del equipo, lo extraño es que con el cable de comunicación RJ11 a DB9 si hay comunicación, y es reflejado por el MODSCAN64

Les dejo las fotografías Ajuste de parametros de cable de programacion.

Pero el problema ocurre al realizar el Scan solo con 2 hilos en el RS485, los cuales indican que los pines son el 1 y el 6 del RJ11.

Por lo cual no tengo lectura.

Espero sus comentarios.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 14.05.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 14.05.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 14.06.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 14.08.15.jpeg

• MVP 2023

I would add a second serial port to the PLC if you're going to be doing Modbus.  Leave port 1 open for programming.

As you can see, the PLC is switching between PCOM protocol and Modbus protocol on the same port.

If the PLC detects a PCOM request on a COM port it will throw out whatever the user has configured for that port and attempt to establish a PCOM connection.  You may or may not get the configuration back that you set up in ladder.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023
26 minutes ago, Ian Fleite said:

but I think that is not the problem,

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what the problem is.  The pictures you posted are stacked up but don't have comments on each one, so it's not clear where you're running into an issue.

You're showing your Modbus Simulator with successful transactions.  Did you get these transactions via the RS232 port in RS232 mode (V130 picture 1) or via the RS232 port in RS485 mode (V130 picture 2)? 

I know it says RS485 on the screen, but a little known fact about a Unitronics COM port is that the RS232 port is always active, even though you've moved the jumpers to RS485.  So they can theoretically both work at the same time.

34 minutes ago, Ian Fleite said:

Have you ever had to perform this type of communication with this PLC?

Why, yes I have!  I have my own Modbus Simulator and everything!

Joe T.

• MVP 2023
45 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

Why, yes I have!  I have my own Modbus Simulator and everything!

Ian, Joe has been very "kind & courteous" to you with his answers.  Perhaps you might have picked up on his light sarcasm?

If you had taken the trouble to look some more at the forum you would have found that Joe has been here for many years, sells all the products, and has vast amounts of advanced knowledge that have helped countless users who come asking for advice.  As a newbie your question is quite insulting given his indepth knowledge.  So perhaps you might like to change your attitude a little.

cheers, Aus

Estimado Ausman.

Jamás fue mi intención de ser sarcástico y mucho menos generar un conflicto, lamentablemente mi inglés no es muy bueno y el traductor de Google hizo lo suyo.

Y así, después del comentario de Joe, le mi gratitud por su pronta respuesta y explicación.

Nuevamente lamento lo sucedido y reitero el agradecimiento a todos los del grupo.

Saludos cordiales desde Chile.

• MVP 2023

So now my mind has gone wandering and I wanted to see what political correctness is built into Google.

For example, the exact phase I typed into the translator was "The translator can be a pain in the butt".   "Pain in the butt" alone translates to "dolor en el trasero".  Google substituted "dolor de cabeza", which translates back to "headache".

If I wanted to say "headache" I would have.  BUT NOOO... "Butt" is not a nice word according to Google.

Google es un dolor en el trasero.

We should get back to the topic now.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

@Ian Fleite - since you have MODSCAN64, the way to properly troubleshoot this is to get a USB to RS485 converter and connect your computer to the PLC via pins 1 and 6 only.  You may have tried to communicate this in your first post but I didn't see any pictures of your actual connection.  Do you have such a converter?

If you do, the first thing is to try swapping the RS 485 data lines.  Also reboot the PLC and DO NOT try to talk to it with Visilogic as that will put Port 1 into RS232 mode as I mentioned.

I still think a second COM port in the V130 would make your life easier.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

NO worries, Ian, apologies where due.   

Google just doing it's normal things, like re-write  history, or delete location names, to be PC correct at the time. 

Joe is being his normal helpful self.

Aus being ashamed that he only has ONE language!

cheers, Aus