Touchscreen problems V1210

For some time now I have noticed that my V1210's touch screen has stopped responding

When in Online Test mode, and monitoring SI40 (Touchscreen touched on X-coordinates) and SI41 (Touchscreen touched on Y-coordinates), I noticed that SI40 returns the correct coordinates, but SI41 somehow always returns the value of 599 (bottom screen). 

Anybody overhere familiar with this problem? And maybe an solution?

Thanks for the reply.

• MVP 2023

It may be a hardware failure, in which case you may need to take action if it's still in warranty. If not, you may be able to get it repaired. Some members on this board do hardware repairs on their own out of warranty equipment.

However, I would try a few software fixes first. One thing that seems to fix many strange problems is to download a BLANK program into the PLC, then perform Initialize & Reset. You might also try removing the battery (and power) and let it sit for 24 hours. If the program is burned in, then do the blank program download first.

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, Leyke_1970 said:

Anybody overhere familiar with this problem? And maybe an solution?

If the panel is not installed  to any control box, Flex prompts may help.

If it is installed in a rigid control cabinet, sometimes the standard mount is overloaded and the panel touch sensor bends.

This can even damage the sensor. Therefore, make sure that the plane of the screen is flat and the panel is not fixed too tightly.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:30 PM, kratmel said:

If the panel is not installed  to any control box, Flex prompts may help.

The panel is not installed at this point. But Flex prompts does not ring any bel to me. Care to explain a little bit more? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Flex727 said:

spec of dirt under the screen protector film

Actually, i noticed that there is some wood dust under the under the screen protector. So that's one thing i can look at.

Really many thanks for the reactions so far