0 to 5V Analogue output

Raul95

Hello,

I am looking to use Unistream 7'' (Combined Plc & Hmi) + USC-P-B10 UNISTREAM CPU + 2x  UN-UIA-0006 , as for my project, I would like to control the speed of 10 motors which are driven by individual inverters on voltage from 0 to 5V. So the  2x UN-UIA-0006 Analogue output modules would give me the number of analogue outputs that I need. 

The stop and start of the motors are controlled from a different control unit, so I am hoping to be able to adjust the speed only of all motors from the same screen.

I am looking for some guidance as I have absolutely no experience with Plc's.

I did download the software but I do not really know where should I start.

Thank you,

Raul

HI ORSO2001,

I did downloaded the examples projects but it won't let me open them, as it comes up with an error ''read only''.

I did managed to figure out the hardware configuration and to create the HMI screen,  but I am not sure what tools to use for the ladder programming, as I do not have any inputs.

I know that I have to use linearize tool for converting the numbers to a percentage, but I do not quite know what other tools I need to allow me to change the percentage of an analogue output from the screen.

Thank you,

Raul

• MVP 2023
51 minutes ago, Raul95 said:

The files which I downloaded are ''.ulpr''. But they seem to be ''read only''

Yes, the .ulpr files are contained within a .zip file. They must be extracted before UniLogic can open them. In Windows Explorer, right-click and select Extract...

9 hours ago, Flex727 said:

Yes, the .ulpr files are contained within a .zip file. They must be extracted before UniLogic can open them. In Windows Explorer, right-click and select Extract...

Hello again, I did managed to look trough some projects but none of them have any analog output, I did some research and I noticed that in other software there is used SCALE_ X "Scale" and NORM_X "Normalize" in ladder for output analog. In unilogic software I can not see any of them tools, could you please tell me which tool I should be using instead ?

• MVP 2023
14 hours ago, Raul95 said:

Is it possible to simulate the program without connecting it physically to the plc ?

No it's not. However, you'll find that purchasing a PLC to use for this purpose likely will be cheaper than the software simulator that you might buy from other PLC manufacturers. You do NOT need to purchase any I/O, as the PLC is designed to run in simulator mode without any I/O attached.

• MVP 2023
On 8/29/2022 at 5:42 PM, Raul95 said:

In unilogic software I can not see any of them tools, could you please tell me which tool I should be using instead ?

Actually, you can linearize right in the analog I/O setup. No need for the Linearization function block. The analog output will be 0-10V, so just enter 0 for 0V and 2x the speed for 5V for the 10V entry.