Addition of 2 Memory Floats

Hi There

I need help please. I am using a V130-T38 software version 9.8.96

I would like to add 2 memory float numbers whenever a pulse input occurs.

Each pulse represents 0.1KWh.

I am having trouble as the ADD F function block doesn't seem to add each time the pulse input occurs. Only when I go online and change the MF value, it add once then stops.

I would then like to convert the MF to integer so I can show then on the display.

Any tips on the best way of doing this. is appreciated

Thank you all

Pulse input is 0.1.png

• MVP 2023

The best way is to use the high-speed counter built into the PLC (I0 or I2) and assign it a to large integer number (ML or DW) in Hardware Config - High speed counter  to accumulate an energy value with  0.1 kW increments. Further, this number can simply be displayed on the screen by moving the comma one unit to the left in the display.

Then no floating point calculations are needed.

• Like 1

Thanks Kratmel I appreciate the help so far very good

Just another quick question, where would I enter a value of 0.1 as the increment

I'm not sure how to increment by 0.1 per pulse. As I can't enter 0.1 as a preset as it only takes dec

Attached is hardware config and logic

Hardware Config.png

Counter.png

• MVP 2023

You don't need logic.  When you configure the input as a HSC it will start incrementing on it's own in ML 0.  Download your program and try it out!

The HSC value is not retained through a power cycle.  If it's something you want long term you'll need to continually copy the value off to another ML and copy that value back to your HSC with the start-up bit SB 2.

You

18 minutes ago, Razim said:

I'm not sure how to increment by 0.1 per pulse. As I can't enter 0.1 as a preset as it only takes dec

You're not.  Each pulse is 0.1 kW, so the value in ML 0 represents kW with an implied decimal at xxx.x.  For example, when the value in ML 0 = 1234 the actual power is 123.4 kW.  You can set the display format to match this.

Joe T.

• Like 1