OPC Server for V570

Itzik

Hello

I need a solution for opc server that can connect V570. I tried the UniOPC but it's an old version and no OPC client could connect to it. I tried Matrikon OPC Explorer and Dream Report OPC Client - both couldn't connect.

Is there a working OPC server I can use ?

Thank you

Itzik

I tested OPC Expert with Unitronics and it worked (the evaluation license at least) OPC Expert also allows you to "bridge" Unitronics OPC Server to other protocols like OPC UA. Wich could be what you need if you already have any other OPC client of your preference running.

I tested that like 2 years ago. but at the end I ended using Modbus TCP/IP and to directly communicate to the PLCs, so no OPC server needed with this architecture.

• MVP 2023

When I had this requirement, I purchased a UniStream USC-B5-B1 and used it as a gateway between the Vision PLC and the OPC client. The Unistream talked MODBUS TCP to the Vision PLC, collected all the data, then made it available to the OPC client. It was inexpensive and worked perfectly.

26 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

When I had this requirement, I purchased a UniStream USC-B5-B1 and used it as a gateway between the Vision PLC and the OPC client. The Unistream talked MODBUS TCP to the Vision PLC, collected all the data, then made it available to the OPC client. It was inexpensive and worked perfectly.

I also thought about it....